Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 700 cars produced in Q1 and less than 2000 cars produced to date, I can definitely see it being a while until the first Touring confirmation goes out. With 30,000 reservations, I imagine they got plenty more Grand Touring and Grand Touring Performance reservations to bump 99% Pures out of 2022.
But don't forget cancelations -- no one has a firm handle on them, and Im guessing the number is significant

But don't forget cancelations -- no one has a firm handle on them, and Im guessing the number is significant

I suspect there won't be enough cancellations to not delay a majority of Pures into 2023 and probably a majority of Tourings as well at this rate.

Just put a reservation down 5/9/22 for:

Zenith Red, Santa Cruz Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof (Touring).

I've learned my lesson with Tesla, I'll join the party early this time...

Reservation DateColorInteriorUser
September 5, 2020WhiteTahoe@MScott
October 14, 2020GreyMojave@hitmanray
November 8, 2020GreyMojave@Chillywill75
November 11, 2020WhiteMojave@vraj83
December 1, 2020@MPawelek
March 17, 2021GreyTahoe@Mac
March 19, 2021GreyTahoe@terrygone
June 5, 2021RedSanta Cruz@ktloo_climate
June 17, 2021RedTahoe@SoCalAg
July 5, 2021GreyMojave@idiot900
August 4, 2021RedMojave@AbsoluteZenith
August 12, 2021WhiteSanta Cruz@Stevepatek
August 25, 2021RedSanta Cruz@extesla
October 3, 2021RedTahoe@Bdejong11129
October 8, 2021WhiteTahoe@Compy
October 20, 2021SilverMojave@Wilddreams22
October 31, 2021GreyMojave@Pax
November 14, 2021RedSanta Cruz@Ahntilza
November 19, 2021WhiteTahoe@Corcord
December 1, 2021GreyTahoe@Bsmith
December 4, 2021White@moytoyx
December 4, 2021RedTahoe@Codyroo
December 31, 2021SilverTahoe@Napoli
January 1, 2022@croppy16
January 8, 2022GreyMojave@EVForever22
January 11, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Yugi
January 22, 2022BlackTahoe@mnewber1
February 2, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@joec
February 11, 2022RedMojave@EVCar
February 20, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Psymac
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@LucidRider
May 4, 2022BlackSanta Cruz@RyanATX

Reservation DateColorInteriorUser
September 5, 2020WhiteTahoe@MScott
October 14, 2020GreyMojave@hitmanray
November 8, 2020GreyMojave@Chillywill75
November 11, 2020WhiteMojave@vraj83
December 1, 2020@MPawelek
March 17, 2021GreyTahoe@Mac
March 19, 2021GreyTahoe@terrygone
June 5, 2021RedSanta Cruz@ktloo_climate
June 17, 2021RedTahoe@SoCalAg
July 5, 2021GreyMojave@idiot900
August 4, 2021RedMojave@AbsoluteZenith
August 12, 2021WhiteSanta Cruz@Stevepatek
August 25, 2021RedSanta Cruz@extesla
October 3, 2021RedTahoe@Bdejong11129
October 8, 2021WhiteTahoe@Compy
October 20, 2021SilverMojave@Wilddreams22
October 31, 2021GreyMojave@Pax
November 14, 2021RedSanta Cruz@Ahntilza
November 19, 2021WhiteTahoe@Corcord
December 1, 2021GreyTahoe@Bsmith
December 4, 2021White@moytoyx
December 4, 2021RedTahoe@Codyroo
December 31, 2021SilverTahoe@Napoli
January 1, 2022@croppy16
January 8, 2022GreyMojave@EVForever22
January 11, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Yugi
January 22, 2022BlackTahoe@mnewber1
February 2, 2022WhiteSanta Cruz@joec
February 11, 2022RedMojave@EVCar
February 20, 2022RedSanta Cruz@Psymac
March 29, 2022GreyMojave@LucidRider
May 4, 2022BlackSanta Cruz@RyanATX
I reserved my Lucid Air Touring on April 12, 2022.

Stellar White, Mojave Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain​

Air Touring/April 12, 2022 - Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Well, I'm biting the bullet and upgrading my Pure reservation to Touring. I was told that I essentially will keep my original Pure reservation date "in line" for the upgraded Touring reservation. To hedge my bets, I'm also going to place a new Pure reservation before pricing goes up in the event I change my mind when the Touring reservation needs to convert to an order. If I downgrade after 6-1, the price for the Pure will be the new pricing. So my new reservation info is:

11-15-21 reservation - Quantum Gray / Mojave

Well, I'm biting the bullet and upgrading my Pure reservation to Touring. I was told that I essentially will keep my original Pure reservation date "in line" for the upgraded Touring reservation. To hedge my bets, I'm also going to place a new Pure reservation before pricing goes up in the event I change my mind when the Touring reservation needs to convert to an order. If I downgrade after 6-1, the price for the Pure will be the new pricing. So my new reservation info is:

11-15-21 reservation - Quantum Gray / Mojave
Damn it, you just bumped me.

Just kidding. You went for Grey. I'll definitely still be ahead of you.

(Too soon?)

Does make me think maybe I should plunk down a few hundred for a Pure res. Just because, why not? Who knows what can happen between now and whenever my Touring is confirmed.

Damn it, you just bumped me.

Just kidding. You went for Grey. I'll definitely still be ahead of you.

(Too soon?)

Does make me think maybe I should plunk down a few hundred for a Pure res. Just because, why not? Who knows what can happen between now and whenever my Touring is confirmed.
Hopefully they will get any paint issues sorted out (is there a thread on here tracking that?) ... For $300, it is insurance to get the Pure reservation and cancel as Touring gets closer/confirmed. For me, the payment difference between the two (when optioned as close as apples to apples and factoring in my trade) was approx $450/month, not a lot , but not insignficatnt. I'll know more financially by Q3/Q4 if I'm more comfortable with the cost delta. I was honestly OK with the Pure, but after sitting in a Grand Touring with the glass canopy, I decided to bite the bullet!

Hopefully they will get any paint issues sorted out (is there a thread on here tracking that?) ... For $300, it is insurance to get the Pure reservation and cancel as Touring gets closer/confirmed. For me, the payment difference between the two (when optioned as close as apples to apples and factoring in my trade) was approx $450/month, not a lot , but not insignficatnt. I'll know more financially by Q3/Q4 if I'm more comfortable with the cost delta. I was honestly OK with the Pure, but after sitting in a Grand Touring with the glass canopy, I decided to bite the bullet!
Did you like the glass canopy? I am afraid it won’t be good enough for texas heat.

Did you like the glass canopy? I am afraid it won’t be good enough for texas heat.
I liked it, and others in AZ that already have the vehicle are OK with the heat rejection (we should get an update once summer is in full tilt). My SA did take the demo vehicle for me and drive it outside and had it facing the sun. The sun was low but still coming through the tinted portion of the glass canopy. It rejected the harshness/brightness enough that you could look at the sun without sunglasses. Ducking my head below the tint area made the sun too bright to look at, this would be the area covered by the visors. It was a big area of concern for me and after experiencing it in the daylight, I was OK with the effect.

I liked it, and others in AZ that already have the vehicle are OK with the heat rejection (we should get an update once summer is in full tilt). My SA did take the demo vehicle for me and drive it outside and had it facing the sun. The sun was low but still coming through the tinted portion of the glass canopy. It rejected the harshness/brightness enough that you could look at the sun without sunglasses. Ducking my head below the tint area made the sun too bright to look at, this would be the area covered by the visors. It was a big area of concern for me and after experiencing it in the daylight, I was OK with the effect.
Really looking forward to the any update during the hottest summer days. I live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and it gets even hotter than Arizona or Texas.

Anyone heard anything about even starting confirmations? I test drove Ioniq and EV6 today and I am very tempted to cancel and get one of those instead.

Anyone heard anything about even starting confirmations? I test drove Ioniq and EV6 today and I am very tempted to cancel and get one of those instead.
Not here, but then again, I'm not high on the list either. Which did you like better the Ioniq 5 or the EV6? Is the dealership tacking on a "market rate" fee of $5000+ to the car?

Also have a look at the GV60 if you'd like a little more bling. Can't go wrong with any of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back