Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, ordering Ioniq 5 soon and will use that as transition EV until Gravity.
Depending on where you are and what trim you are ordering it could be anywhere from 1-9months on that I5

Depending on where you are and what trim you are ordering it could be anywhere from 1-9months on that I5
I thought so at first, but did my research for a couple of days and was able to finally get one from an out-of-state dealer, Ioniq 5 Limited, delivery expected May 19. I’ve seen the mark up on these up to 15K, this is about 4K over MSRP so not too bad with little wait and the color combination I wanted.

I spoke to multiple dealers in Texas and limited awd model is hard to get right now. Kia ev6 top end is also 6-12 months wait.

We circled back to MB today and test drove the EQS.
Wife felt comfy with the car, likely from her familiarity.
All the essential features are there, albeit the 0-60 is so feeble, compared to the Air, and the brakes are so non-EV.
Probably go this route now and wait for the Pure whenever it comes out.
Hopefully the MB dealership doesn’t try to gouge you with dealer markup.

Hopefully the MB dealership doesn’t try to gouge you with dealer markup.
I was turned off a few months back because of these crazy "market adjustments." This time around, was able to get the car at MSRP. Had never paid MSRP before, though.
FWIW, the local BMW dealership also sells at MSRP their pre-orders.

I just put deposit for bmw i4 m50 with estimated delivery by end of year. It’s 35k cheaper than lucid touring with almost same features. While I haven’t driven a Lucid yet, I think bmw is a better choice price wise. I am still hopeful for Lucid to arrive by then, if not I will just take i4 m50 delivery.

I just put deposit for bmw i4 m50 with estimated delivery by end of year. It’s 35k cheaper than lucid touring with almost same features. While I haven’t driven a Lucid yet, I think bmw is a better choice price wise. I am still hopeful for Lucid to arrive by then, if not I will just take i4 m50 delivery.
I considered the BMW I4, but it’s not a new EV platform just an ICE platform modified for EV. Nice car and dealer said delivery in about five months. But gets expensive to option it up and smaller inside than the Air. Just didn’t feel different enough for me to make the plunge.

I considered the BMW I4, but it’s not a new EV platform just an ICE platform modified for EV. Nice car, but gets expensive to option it up and just didn’t feel different enough for me to make the plunge.
I added most of the options and it came out to 73k. My opinion changed after test driving it. It doesn’t have great rear leg room though, but I have minivan when going out with family. This would be my daily driver.

I also have a Touring reservation and have been considering doing the same for the i4 M50. There a few things that has stopped me from making the plunge. When I spoke to dealer they have stated it most likely won't arrive until Q2 or Q3 next year at earliest. I keep coming back to the Lucid due to the extra space, especially in the rear, the dash and instrument cluster, "range", and just the overall look. It also doesn't help with most of the quality issues being reported. I may wait it out and see if they do confirmations soon for Q3 or Q4 delivery (which seems unrealistic given all of the data) and if not I may just go with the i4 and revisit Lucid in a few years. Whatever vehicle I purchase will be my first EV. So I am hoping to have a good first EV ownership experience. Currently drive an Infiniti Q60 Red Sport and before that a G37 S. So I've been more interested in more luxury sporty EVs.

Last edited:
I also have a Touring reservation and have been considering doing the same for the i4 M50. There a few things that has stopped me from making the plunge. When I spoke to dealer they have stated it most likely won't arrive until Q2 or Q3 next year at earliest. I keep coming back to the Lucid due to the extra space, especially in the rear, the dash and instrument cluster, "range", and just the overall look. It also doesn't help with most of the quality issues being reported. I may wait it out and see if they do confirmations soon for Q3 or Q4 delivery (which seems unrealistic given all of the data) and if not I may just go with the i4 and revisit Lucid in a few years. Whatever vehicle I purchase will be my first EV. So I am hoping to have a good first EV ownership experience. Currently drive an Infiniti Q60 Red Sport and before that a G37 S. So I've been more interested in more luxury sporty EVs.

My AGT arrived 3 days ago, and I have a i4M50 on order for my wife. Placed BMW order 9 months ago. It should arrive in August. She prefers a smaller car.

For me the test drive was just sick: crazy speed, supremely confident handling, and impressive 'post luxury' design. It's certainly closer to the BMW philosophy than to Mercedes, but without the GRILL. I think you're right price wise, and I'm thinking that when the Pure arrives it will be hard to consider the BMW i4.

Feb 2, 2022: White, Santa Cruz, Glass

My AGT arrived 3 days ago, and I have a i4M50 on order for my wife. Placed BMW order 9 months ago. It should arrive in August. She prefers a smaller car.

I would love a back to back comparison of the two vehicles driven by the same person over the same roads. Please!

Tracker is updated. Hoping we see some confirmations soon.

Shocking to me that they'd be that slow still over a year after production kicks off, somewhat telling of what they expect production "ramp up" to be like.
If you reserved after the 13k reservation number came out at the Q3 earnings report, and they produce 13k cars, would you get your car this year having reserved this year?

If you reserved after the 13k reservation number came out at the Q3 earnings report, and they produce 13k cars, would you get your car this year having reserved this year?
Well, first - I don't believe they will produce 13,000 cars this year unfortunately. Second, if more reservations of Tourings and Grand Tourings came in they take priority over Pure orders even if they are reserved afterwards. One can assume they had more reservations since there are now over 22,000 reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back