Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confirmed my 2 touring reservations today. No reason not to as far as I'm concerned. If I don't want to keep either car after I take delivery, they'll be sold. The recent price increase and scarcity of the cars should prevent losing $.

Given the new production guidance - when do we think Touring orders begin production? I understand the stores may be saying Q4, but I would imagine the amount of GT reservations would more than cover this year's production at the adjusted rate?

I confirmed my 2 touring reservations today. No reason not to as far as I'm concerned. If I don't want to keep either car after I take delivery, they'll be sold. The recent price increase and scarcity of the cars should prevent losing $.
Don't forget to take sales tax X2 into account if you flip...

Given the new production guidance - when do we think Touring orders begin production? I understand the stores may be saying Q4, but I would imagine the amount of GT reservations would more than cover this year's production at the adjusted rate?
I wouldn't be totally sure on that. Obviously I'm speculating here. But I figure they have about 5 or 6k GTs total to build, including those already delivered. And if a number of those folks go for the stealth package, Lucid will push them out to next year. Also, anyone ordering a GT in the last month or so might not be prioritized over a Touring or Pure ordered in 2020.

My guess is they will start building Touring sometime in October or November, if they want any hope of delivering any before year's end. (Probably will only deliver a few at most before year's end, but I still think they will want to make that happen. And they'll want to PRODUCE a bunch of them before then, regardless.) Glass roof, Surround Sound Pro, and probably even Dream Drive Pro will be built first, so regardless of order date, if you don't want those options, you will likely not be in the first few batches. Stealth, of course, also automatically pushes your production start date into 2023. (Though, from the looks of it, stealth will be available before the solid roof will be.)

Assuming start of production in October, they would likely start confirming in September. If we don't hear of anyone here getting confirmed by late September, we'll know I'm wrong.
In order to get Pure going before the end of the year, I'm assuming a second shift will be producing them separately. They could have a third shift so they can build all three trims simultaneously, but I still guess it more likely they will temporarily halt GT production and have that line building Touring. They still have bottlenecks between the factory and the delivery centers, so they probably don't want to be churning out three times the output just yet. Although they may have the space at Casa Grande, each car built but not delivered is unrealized revenue.

It probably won't take them more than a few months to get the bulk of Touring (with the above mentioned options) built. We don't have the breakdown on how many reservations are for each trim, but we know the vast majority are Pure, and Touring is, by a wide margin, the smallest group. Maybe 2 or 3k altogether? Subtract the solid roofs, the non-upgraded sound, the stealth, and how many are left?

The real question is how many people who don't want those first-run options on their Touring will be convinced to pay the extra to get their cars a bit sooner? Or conversely, how many will be convinced to pay less and keep the platinum look, even if they want the stealth? Hard to know. Touring is going to be an interesting challenge for Lucid, as they are going to have to batch options way more than they had to for GT, or will have to for Pure. I think order date still matters, obviously, but it's going to be less of a factor than with the other trims as a result.

If it proves to be a real pain in the butt managing all these options, they may just discontinue Touring after the current run of reservations is finished. Who knows?

I confirmed my order, but I'm assuming only a fraction of customers will. A lot of people hold multiple reservations in order to play the field and buy whatever shows up first. The sort of person who is worried about losing a $7,500 credit is likely the same person who would not want to lose 5 or 6 $1,000 deposits.

Now, if you only had one reservation, and it was only for a $300 Pure, sure. Why not confirm? Unless you are fairly certain you won't want to take delivery.

I think this will be an interesting exercise for Lucid to learn a bit more about their current reservation holders.

You can run surveys until the cows come home; you never really know a customer until you ask them for a non-refundable deposit.
Good points--but I think the $7500 credit is a complicated issue. the cohort of reservists breaks down into 1) those who have already owned an Ev, and 2) those who haven't. When it come to Lucid owners, those in group 1 are very patient and forgiving ("hey, you should have seen Tesla 10 years ago---this is nothin")
I wouldn't be totally sure on that. Obviously I'm speculating here. But I figure they have about 5 or 6k GTs total to build, including those already delivered. And if a number of those folks go for the stealth package, Lucid will push them out to next year. Also, anyone ordering a GT in the last month or so might not be prioritized over a Touring or Pure ordered in 2020.

My guess is they will start building Touring sometime in October or November, if they want any hope of delivering any before year's end. (Probably will only deliver a few at most before year's end, but I still think they will want to make that happen. And they'll want to PRODUCE a bunch of them before then, regardless.) Glass roof, Surround Sound Pro, and probably even Dream Drive Pro will be built first, so regardless of order date, if you don't want those options, you will likely not be in the first few batches. Stealth, of course, also automatically pushes your production start date into 2023. (Though, from the looks of it, stealth will be available before the solid roof will be.)

Assuming start of production in October, they would likely start confirming in September. If we don't hear of anyone here getting confirmed by late September, we'll know I'm wrong.
In order to get Pure going before the end of the year, I'm assuming a second shift will be producing them separately. They could have a third shift so they can build all three trims simultaneously, but I still guess it more likely they will temporarily halt GT production and have that line building Touring. They still have bottlenecks between the factory and the delivery centers, so they probably don't want to be churning out three times the output just yet. Although they may have the space at Casa Grande, each car built but not delivered is unrealized revenue.

It probably won't take them more than a few months to get the bulk of Touring (with the above mentioned options) built. We don't have the breakdown on how many reservations are for each trim, but we know the vast majority are Pure, and Touring is, by a wide margin, the smallest group. Maybe 2 or 3k altogether? Subtract the solid roofs, the non-upgraded sound, the stealth, and how many are left?

The real question is how many people who don't want those first-run options on their Touring will be convinced to pay the extra to get their cars a bit sooner? Or conversely, how many will be convinced to pay less and keep the platinum look, even if they want the stealth? Hard to know. Touring is going to be an interesting challenge for Lucid, as they are going to have to batch options way more than they had to for GT, or will have to for Pure. I think order date still matters, obviously, but it's going to be less of a factor than with the other trims as a result.

If it proves to be a real pain in the butt managing all these options, they may just discontinue Touring after the current run of reservations is finished. Who knows?
You left out a new variable --- today's option to commit to buy in order to preserve the tax break Where do the people who do commit fit in? Shouldn't they get priority regardless of trim? They risked more...

Good points--but I think the $7500 credit is a complicated issue. the cohort of reservists breaks down into 1) those who have already owned an Ev, and 2) those who haven't. When it come to Lucid owners, those in group 1 are very patient and forgiving ("hey, you should have seen Tesla 10 years ago---this is nothin")

You left out a new variable --- today's option to commit to buy in order to preserve the tax break Where do the people who do commit fit in? Shouldn't they get priority regardless of trim? They risked more...
Good point, but Lucid went out of their way in the communication on that to say ordering now does not effect your delivery time. But who knows? Maybe they just said that in order not to anger the people who ordered in 2020 but don’t want to confirm now?

I've read many posts on Touring vs, Pure, but I'm still not clear on what the difference in the the price accounts for. I know T has more hp, AWD, a glass canopy, and leather interior. Am I missing anything? Other than the last 2 items, does a Pure with AWD have the same hp?

I've read many posts on Touring vs, Pure, but I'm still not clear on what the difference in the the price accounts for. I know T has more hp, AWD, a glass canopy, and leather interior. Am I missing anything? Other than the last 2 items, does a Pure with AWD have the same hp?
No one knows the answer to the hp question yet. Lucid hasn’t made that public. My guess is an awd Pure will have less hp than Touring. Others disagree.

Touring has more options than the Pure. So you pay a little extra for the opportunity to pay a bit more extra.

Also, ventilated front seats and sun shades. This isn’t 100% confirmed, but many have been told Pure will have neither.

And the 20-inch wheels are standard on Touring. They are $2k extra on Pure.

No one knows the answer to the hp question yet. Lucid hasn’t made that public. My guess is an awd Pure will have less hp than Touring. Others disagree.

Touring has more options than the Pure. So you pay a little extra for the opportunity to pay a bit more extra.

Also, ventilated front seats and sun shades. This isn’t 100% confirmed, but many have been told Pure will have neither.

And the 20-inch wheels are standard on Touring. They are $2k extra on Pure.
Aren't these the various horsepower ratings (from the Lucid Motors site)?
-----
Max Horsepower

Air Pure 480 hp, Air Touring 620 hp, Air Grand Touring 816 hp, Air Grand Touring Performance 1,050 hp, Air Dream Edition Range 933 hp, Air Dream Edition Performance 1,111 hp

Aren't these the various horsepower ratings (from the Lucid Motors site)?
-----
Max Horsepower

Air Pure 480 hp, Air Touring 620 hp, Air Grand Touring 816 hp, Air Grand Touring Performance 1,050 hp, Air Dream Edition Range 933 hp, Air Dream Edition Performance 1,111 hp
That's for the RWD Pure. They haven't said what the AWD Pure will be.

Good point, but Lucid went out of their way in the communication on that to say ordering now does not effect your delivery time. But who knows? Maybe they just said that in order not to anger the people who ordered in 2020 but don’t want to confirm now?
I read their statement more as, “don’t expect your car this year or sooner than we plan on producing them in general “.

I assume they’ll base production on a combination of confirmations and options selected.

I read their statement more as, “don’t expect your car this year or sooner than we plan on producing them in general “.

I assume they’ll base production on a combination of confirmations and options selected.
I agree. I feel bad for the poor analyst crunching the numbers at Lucid HQ.

Just changed from res to order for tax credit. Also changed colors. Black with stealth and Santa Cruz interior.....

Reactions: Joe
So reservations are fixed at the base price at the time it was made but the options prices (like for the roof or Dreamdrive) could still increase right?

I confirmed my order, but I'm assuming only a fraction of customers will. A lot of people hold multiple reservations in order to play the field and buy whatever shows up first. The sort of person who is worried about losing a $7,500 credit is likely the same person who would not want to lose 5 or 6 $1,000 deposits.

Now, if you only had one reservation, and it was only for a $300 Pure, sure. Why not confirm? Unless you are fairly certain you won't want to take delivery.

I think this will be an interesting exercise for Lucid to learn a bit more about their current reservation holders.

You can run surveys until the cows come home; you never really know a customer until you ask them for a non-refundable deposit.
Just changed from res to order for tax credit. Also changed colors. Black with stealth and Santa Cruz interior.....
Right, except metal roof would lower the price i think

Glass canopy is optional upgrade on touring and interior same on all models. HP and range.

I would think anyone who is committed to waiting and buying would convert from res to order. Only reason not to would be if you haven't test driven. Even then that is a $6500 test drive loss (ev credit versus deposit). At this price point, I would assume anyone mildly committed with any financial sense would transform reservation to order, unless they believe tax credit won't remain regardless of "on order" status.

I would think anyone who is committed to waiting and buying would convert from res to order. Only reason not to would be if you haven't test driven. Even then that is a $6500 test drive loss (ev credit versus deposit). At this price point, I would assume anyone mildly committed with any financial sense would transform reservation to order, unless they believe tax credit won't remain regardless of "on order" status.
Agree...I committed today (for one thing the $1k is already long out of mind). But risking 1 for an upside of 7.5 is a no-brainer. I plan to confirm a Touring in silver, metal roof, and 20'' wheels with the knowledge this will delay delivery well into 2023, which I see as OK.

The software issues and other warranty defects appear to be at point where I'd rather not get the car today. If, by the time my number is called, these issues don't appear sufficiently resolved, I'll walk away with VERY mixed feeling---amd will consider the $1k a cheap ticket to what has been a fascinating journey

I reserved my Touring on Dec. 24, 2021, Red with Tahoe, glass canopy roof, and 20" wheels. I took a test drive in San Diego last week in their AGT which had the same color configuration and loved it. Converted my order yesterday.

Reservation DateColorInteriorUser
August 13, 2020RedSanta Cruz@PatrickZWang
September 5, 2020WhiteTahoe@MScott
October 14, 2020GreyMojave@hitmanray
October 14, 2020RedSanta Cruz@Dr Chill
November 8, 2020GreyMojave@Chillywill75
November 11, 2020WhiteMojave@vraj83
December 4, 2020BlackMojave@mallig
December 15, 2020RedTahoe@emoylv
February 23, 2021RedTahoe@AZLucidGirl
March 4, 2021WhiteSanta Cruz@Volund
March 5, 2021WhiteTahoe@The Nuck