Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bragging rights are no small thing. There's no question people "in the know" will think just a little less of me when they fiund out I went with the Touring and not the GT.

"Try a little harder next time, Joe."

Gotta love capitalism.
Joe---I not only forgive you, I think you made the reasoned choice...I don't see $50K uptick in the GT, but others do....

99.9% of people on the street will not be able to tell the difference between any of the Air’s.

I get amused when talking to non car folks who think all Porsche’s are 911’s.

The GT was pretty darn fast in Swift mode which should be similar to Sprint mode in the Touring. Felt similar to when I use launch control on my Taycan 4S, which is certainly fast enough for me. No launch control in the Lucid however. Just stomp on the accelerator and go.

Joe---I not only forgive you, I think you made the reasoned choice...I don't see $50K uptick in the GT, but others do....
Agreed. I'm sure there will be plenty of Touring and Pure owners that will be feel they got the better value for their money for mostly the same car. And who knows, maybe everyone will be jealous of our additional foot room in the rear seats and potential lack of glass canopy. :cool:

Agreed. I'm sure there will be plenty of Touring and Pure owners that will be feel they got the better value for their money for mostly the same car. And who knows, maybe everyone will be jealous of our additional foot room in the rear seats and potential lack of glass canopy. :cool:
I genuinely think the Touring is the best car in the lineup for anyone that doesn't need the extra GT range, and am still surprised there are more GT reservations than Touring. The glass canopy makes the interior feel very open, and the lower rear seat floor in the Touring can only be an improvement from the GT.

I genuinely think the Touring is the best car in the lineup for anyone that doesn't need the extra GT range, and am still surprised there are more GT reservations than Touring. The glass canopy makes the interior feel very open, and the lower rear seat floor in the Touring can only be an improvement from the GT.
Exactly why I went the Touring route. I also think that the Pure will get pushed back and/or decontented more due to cost/supply pressures. Upgrading to GT didn't make sense other than getting the vehicle maybe 4-5 months before a Touring.

Exactly why I went the Touring route. I also think that the Pure will get pushed back and/or decontented more due to cost/supply pressures. Upgrading to GT didn't make sense other than getting the vehicle maybe 4-5 months before a Touring.
Yeah…and I agree with the others who think the rear footwell is a big plus

IIRC, Tesla had a setting in a hidden menu where you could simulate the power level of the other models. So if you had a P100D, you could simulate a 70D or an 85.
This made it easier to test drive something with a similar power level to what you were looking for without having to stock a bunch of different models for test drives. I wonder if Lucid will do something similar.

IIRC, Tesla had a setting in a hidden menu where you could simulate the power level of the other models. So if you had a P100D, you could simulate a 70D or an 85.
This made it easier to test drive something with a similar power level to what you were looking for without having to stock a bunch of different models for test drives. I wonder if Lucid will do something similar.
They also did that for loaners (when they used to supply them!) ... they didn't want someone hammering the loaner if was a P100D with Ludicrous ! LOL!

Absolutely Jealous of the foot room. i am sure they could have created it in the GT with the design of the front seats. Once the Pure deliveries start and people can experience that Car they may realize that not having the transmission makes the car so exhilarating and 3.0 vs 3.2 is miniscule. Buy Lucid Stock the 50K 👽

Yeah…and I agree with the others who think the rear footwell is a big plus
I'm really surprised about the importance of the extra footwell that will be in the Pure and Touring. The only passengers I have in the back seat 99% of the time are my dogs and they prefer the higher footwell so they can see us better up front!

Last edited:
November 5, 2021, Zenith Red, Mojave

I reserved my Touring on Oct. 8, 21, in white with tahoe, plus upgraded sound and glass canopy roof, and 19" wheels. I expect delivery in the 3rd qtr., I hope !!
We might be lucky if we see any deliveries of the Touring before the end of third quarter 2023. Just console yourself for getting the original prices because price have increased effective July 2022 and will keep increasing every year.

We might be lucky if we see any deliveries of the Touring before the end of third quarter 2023. Just console yourself for getting the original prices because price have increased effective July 2022 and will keep increasing every year.
They will make some deliveries by end of this year but majority of deliveries happen in Q1/2 of next year. If they won’t make any deliveries until Q3 2023 then they are in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back