Touring Delivery Tracker [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked up on my configuration. Dream Drive is now a selectable option (vs. dream drive pro) but the surreal sound and aluminum roof options are still greyed out and now say "later availability" instead of Q4 2022.
They've probably figured out, as they build Touring test cars, that leaving out the hardware for Dream Drive Pro will not be as difficult as they imagined? So maybe that won't be a hold up for getting one delivered anymore? I'll probably still go for it anyway. But interesting.

Doesn't surprise me that the different sound system and metal roof are still not looking to be available in the first run.

Doesn't surprise me that the different sound system and metal roof are still not looking to be available in the first run.
Perhaps the different sound system requires different trim pieces inside the car which must be fabricated? Same for the metal roof. Leaving out DDP sensors (hopefully) doesn't.

Perhaps the different sound system requires different trim pieces inside the car which must be fabricated? Same for the metal roof. Leaving out DDP sensors (hopefully) doesn't.
My understanding is with the non-DDP, the entire front of the car bumper assembly is different. But maybe they’re sure they won’t be in short supply of those parts?

Here is the front bumper with specific section for LiDAR. Non-DDP will have a different part:

1656000719839.png

SA emailed me about the "opportunity" to upgrade to Grand Touring at original price. Hope this means they are meeting GT demand with extra capacity and about ready to move on to touring production

SA emailed me about the "opportunity" to upgrade to Grand Touring at original price. Hope this means they are meeting GT demand with extra capacity and about ready to move on to touring production

My SA is just as bad as most DAs it seems. He has ignored my last three emails and wont respond to any messages I leave at the Studio. HQ Sales whatever keeps redirecting me to this SA to no avail.

Just trying to get some extra $$$$ is all it means. The upgrade $ more than compensates for the extra production costs.

They gave me the “opportunity” to upgrade to a GT performance after I have critical about the delays in delivering my GT. At that point, I did not hold back on my reply And I told them that “opportunity” was insulting.

My SA is just as bad as most DAs it seems. He has ignored my last three emails and wont respond to any messages I leave at the Studio. HQ Sales whatever keeps redirecting me to this SA to no avail.
My SA gave me his cell if I needed to text him although I haven’t had much reason to anyway as I with the Touring group with everyone else here

My SA gave me his cell if I needed to text him although I haven’t had much reason to anyway as I with the Touring group with everyone else here
Better than mine, who says my emails hit his spam filter. But then didn’t fix the problem. Luckily I have no more questions for them until they take my order.

for those that get the DDP, i know there's the physical lidar installation. but does the the lidar installation make any of the DD functions perform better? im wondering if i should get the 9k DDP upgrade. i'm not expecting any of the full self driving functions, but if getting the lidar installed improves the existing DD functions, i'd consider getting it.

for those that get the DDP, i know there's the physical lidar installation. but does the the lidar installation make any of the DD functions perform better? im wondering if i should get the 9k DDP upgrade. i'm not expecting any of the full self driving functions, but if getting the lidar installed improves the existing DD functions, i'd consider getting it.
Surround View and Blind Spot display are only included with Dream Drive Pro. Not sure If the Lidar improves existing Dream Drive functions.

Surround View and Blind Spot display are only included with Dream Drive Pro. Not sure If the Lidar improves existing Dream Drive functions.
oh man, i didnt realize blind spot display only came with DDP...that definitely complicates things for me since i wasn't planning on getting it

Just me, but if I buy this car it will be for two reasons: 1) Design (int and ext), and driving characteristics. The latter is of more importance and I therefor see no reason to pay $9k extra so that a computer can drive it for me

Just me, but if I buy this car it will be for two reasons: 1) Design (int and ext), and driving characteristics. The latter is of more importance and I therefor see no reason to pay $9k extra so that a computer can drive it for me
i agree, so im not really taking the "autonomous driving" part of the DDP into my calculations for the $9k. I wonder if the lidar installation makes any of the existing Dream Drive ADAS functions more precise, such as cross traffic protection, emergency braking, lane departure protection, etc.

We should know if Touring is truly delayed until Q4 this July if no confirmations, especially the 2020 reservation holders, are made. I am guessing it is delayed since they're telling Grand Touring holders that 20" wheels (standard on Touring) is delayed until December at the earliest.

i agree, so im not really taking the "autonomous driving" part of the DDP into my calculations for the $9k. I wonder if the lidar installation makes any of the existing Dream Drive ADAS functions more precise, such as cross traffic protection, emergency braking, lane departure protection, etc.
And then there's Lucid's software track record.....

oh man, i didnt realize blind spot display only came with DDP...that definitely complicates things for me since i wasn't planning on getting it
I’m in the same situation. I wasn’t going to get DDP but when I realized I would loose those features I decide I would bite the bullet and get it. I am curious like you are if the LiDAR sensors will enhance DD performance or if the additional sensors and cameras are only for autonomous driving.

I’m in the same situation. I wasn’t going to get DDP but when I realized I would loose those features I decide I would bite the bullet and get it. I am curious like you are if the LiDAR sensors will enhance DD performance or if the additional sensors and cameras are only for autonomous driving.
if the $9k DDP upgrade gives me blind spot display, physical lidar installation, and improved DD ADAS performance and precision, i think it'll be a no-brainer for me. i asked my SA about this and we'll see what she says

definitely not wrong there...LOL, so if the $9k lidar installation improves their software's recognition software accuracy, wouldn't that be a pretty good deal? 🤪
Major Premise: software is already screwed up

Minor Premise: Lidar can be added

Conclusion: Software now screwed up (quoth Biden): "Ex-po-dentially"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back