Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air GT: Cos/Cruz
DE Number
just got back to Philly ... here is a teaser:
PXL_20230503_124308179[1].jpg

very tired...more to follow
Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, Glen Canyon, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion ... photo is at Mohave point, Grand Canyon, AZ, USA

Last edited:
But where are the holes?

No guard rails on that road? And the width looks too narrow. Definitely not NHTSA approved!

just got back to Philly ... here is a teaser:
View attachment 12142
very tired...more to follow
Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, Glen Canyon, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion ... photo is at Mohave point, Grand Canyon, AZ, USA
My paranoid self is imagining what would happen if the hot wheel car suddenly lost balance…

I sense a meme starting like traveling Garden gnomes. My air at the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square garden, the Eiffel Tower etc

Sorry folks but I don't know how to get the photos from my phone to here, in fact, I can't even load them onto my laptop. I have some incredible shots of my car at the Scottsdale 4 Seasons (OMG what a fantastic place!), the red rocks at Sedona, Glen Canyon, rafting below Glen Canyon dam to Lee's Ferry, South rim of Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon hoodoos, Condors flying at Zion (yes they have a nesting pair!) and hiking up the Narrows and Angel's Landing trails, but no clue how to get them off the phone and on to this laptop. They just disappear somewhere. I hate my phone and I hate windows. I guess there is no hope for the boomers now that paper owner's manuals (that have an index and a table of contents that you can study while on the crapper, and mark-up and fold a corner over so you can find the page you need), are gone from this world. Every time I get close to understanding how the OS works Bill Gates forces a "new" version of windows and changes the names and locations of everything. Why? Why? Every change makes things harder. I was perfectly happy with Basic and MS DOS... it made sense. Windows just keeps getting worse, and Apple never made sense. Machine code makes sense to me ... keep humans out of computing = humans ruin everything.

I have to say this: just go. do whatever you must to to visit the National Parks. We spent time in the Navajo Nation and met a couple of natives who took us to a slot canyon unknown to the tourists:

“All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. ... Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't, it is of no use. Both paths lead nowhere; but one has a heart, the other doesn't. One makes for a joyful journey; as long as you follow it, you are one with it. The other will make you curse your life. One makes you strong; the other weakens you.”​

― Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

“For me the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable; my interest has been to convince you that you must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous desert, in this marvelous time. I want to convince you that you must learn to make every act count, since you are going to be here for only a short while, in fact, too short for witnessing all the marvels of it.”​

― Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan

I sense a meme starting like traveling Garden gnomes. My air at the Statue of Liberty, Madison Square garden, the Eiffel Tower etc
This is exactly my intent. I take my hot wheels to places my Lucid can not go. There was a Tesla S with Calif. plates at Bryce ? It was in the teens that night with snow all around ... hadn't seen a charger anywhere on the journey up to it...they barely have electricity. It is the darkest, quietest, most holy place. Go. Do it before they build a Wall Mart and turn everyone into hoodoos.
Coyote spirit and the hoodoos

But rent a car or book a Canyonlands tour with Tauck (highest recommendation)... just go. Stay at the hotels inside the parks. Do whatever it takes to see these wonders. I spend the night of the lunar eclipse ( 5 May ) alone at the highest point. The tourists only start to show before dawn, but they miss the point, and talk and talk and talk and see the sun rise through a lens. It broke my heart that they would desecrate such a holy place with incessant jabbering. Leave the white man's trail. Find your own path.

The deepest feeling can only be shared in silence.

"Wisdom comes only when you stop looking for it and start living the life the Creator intended for you." Native American proverb

Last edited:
PXL_20230502_143612818.jpg
Day 1 : Scottsdale 4 Seasons. Did not want to leave this place.
PXL_20230502_144757578.jpg
Day 2: Leaving Scottsdale.
PXL_20230502_144809078.jpg
Outside 4 Seasons, Scottsdale (worth every penny).
PXL_20230502_165757138.jpg
Montezuma Castle

Lake Powell / Navajo Mountain in distance. Lake Powell is about 1/4 full ... getting very close to dead pool. The dam is still worth a visit (Page, AZ). You can take a powered (rigid) pontoon raft from just below the dam to Lee's ferry: (Bucket list trip).
PXL_20230503_231820646.jpg

PXL_20230505_165640500.jpg
Below the Lake Powell dam. Charon takes us across the Styx .
PXL_20230505_181357773.jpg

PXL_20230505_201301786.jpg

Lost my shirt in Fredonia to a bunch of mangy varmints... never turn your back on a trash panda.

View attachment 12250Day 1 : Scottsdale 4 Seasons. Did not want to leave this place.
View attachment 12251Day 2: Leaving Scottsdale.
View attachment 12252Outside 4 Seasons, Scottsdale (worth every penny).
View attachment 12253Montezuma Castle

Lake Powell / Navajo Mountain in distance. Lake Powell is about 1/4 full ... getting very close to dead pool. The dam is still worth a visit (Page, AZ). You can take a powered (rigid) pontoon raft from just below the dam to Lee's ferry: (Bucket list trip).
View attachment 12255
View attachment 12256Below the Lake Powell dam. Charon takes us across the Styx .
View attachment 12257
View attachment 12258
Lost my shirt in Fredonia to a bunch of mangy varmints... never turn your back on a trash panda.
Since when did racoons learn how to gamble?

PXL_20230503_124241685.jpg

Sunrise at Mojave Point, GC, AZ. Just go.
PXL_20230503_122235626.jpg

PXL_20230503_003214799.jpg

the scale of this holy place is beyond comprehension. You can't even see the Colorado...from the visitor's center.
My car looks like a bug!

My spirit guide.
PXL_20230503_004522777.jpg

Raven's are intelligent and hilarious. I watched a pair fly in perfect synchrony in the canyon updrafts right in front of the visitor's center.... they love to do barrel rolls. Also got first glimpse of a condor pair heading to cloudbase. (they fly too high to photo).

PXL_20230505_224032066.jpg

Solar charging station at Bryce. Plenty of open bays. I saw a California Tesla s parked at the lodge overnight. It was in the teens that night ( 5 May )! Don't know how he got here, let alone back. Bryce is the darkest, quietest place I've ever been. So holy it's scary. The air is so pure you can feel it restoring your body with every breath. Stay overnight in the park lodge if you can.

PXL_20230505_225309725.NIGHT.jpg
need awd for traversing canyonlands Bryce visitor's center

PXL_20230505_232301014.jpg

PXL_20230506_163127668.jpg

hoodoos:
live a grateful life and be thankful. don't take more than you need, or Coyote will turn you to stone.

Attachments

• PXL_20230505_224032066.jpg
    PXL_20230505_224032066.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
View attachment 12259
Sunrise at Mojave Point, GC, AZ. Just go.
View attachment 12260
View attachment 12261
the scale of this holy place is beyond comprehension. You can't even see the Colorado...from the visitor's center.
My car looks like a bug!

My spirit guide.
View attachment 12264
Raven's are intelligent and hilarious. I watched a pair fly in perfect synchrony in the canyon updrafts right in front of the visitor's center.... they love to do barrel rolls. Also got first glimpse of a condor pair heading to cloudbase. (they fly too high to photo).

View attachment 12266
Solar charging station at Bryce. Plenty of open bays. I saw a California Tesla s parked at the lodge overnight. It was in the teens that night ( 5 May )! Don't know how he got here, let alone back. Bryce is the darkest, quietest place I've ever been. So holy it's scary. The air is so pure you can feel it restoring your body with every breath. Stay overnight in the park lodge if you can.

View attachment 12267 need awd for traversing canyonlands Bryce visitor's center

View attachment 12268
View attachment 12269
hoodoos:
live a grateful life and be thankful. don't take more than you need, or Coyote will turn you to stone.
Whenever you share a picture of the lucid on a railing, my anxiety levels spike.

Whenever you share a picture of the lucid on a railing, my anxiety levels spike.
I had a moment before sunrise at Mojave Point.

Getting the car in the right position to present the illusion of a full-sized car proved challenging (would have been easier with a SLR camera). There were several moments along the journey (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, Glen Canyon, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion ) where the car slipped off it's perch, but fell within reach. At Grand Canyon, over the rail presented a drop to eternity. I risked everything to get that shot. I did not take any car photos at Zion. The place is too holy for jokes. Watched a mating pair of condors leave their chick behind and soar to cloudbase, then leave the canyon to search for food (they may travel 100 miles looking).
iu
wingspan 3 meters !

Highly recommend this book:
iu

I had a moment before sunrise at Mojave Point.

Getting the car in the right position to present the illusion of a full-sized car proved challenging (would have been easier with a SLR camera). There were several moments along the journey (Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, Glen Canyon, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion ) where the car slipped off it's perch, but fell within reach. At Grand Canyon, over the rail presented a drop to eternity. I risked everything to get that shot. I did not take any car photos at Zion. The place is too holy for jokes. Watched a mating pair of condors leave their chick behind and soar to cloudbase, then leave the canyon to search for food (they may travel 100 miles looking).
iu
wingspan 3 meters !

Highly recommend this book:
iu
You recommend THAT book to me?

LOL... These are great! After I reserved my Cosmos Silver AGT a year ago, I had given up on delivery when we entered 2023. Then in early March, I was contacted by my delivery advisor that I would be getting the car within two weeks so I needed to finish the paperwork and pay to get it. After I did everything required, I just had to wait another week for the car. Then one day, my daughter comes to my office screaming and excited saying the Lucid is here! I get out of my chair to go out and see... and then she hands me the Hot Wheels Lucid Air that she ordered from Amazon cackling... made me mad and laugh at the same time. The actual car came that following Sunday so all good, and we laugh about it almost every day.

I'm going to follow your lead and take my "Lucid" everywhere I travel to take pics at exotic places and share with the group.

Back