To Valet or not?

Electrified

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, F Type SVR, F-Pace
Referral Code
04MXQNS5
As I am slowly inching forward towards AGT ownership I'm debating whether I should flip the keys to a valet? Please know at times it could raining or snowing to beat the band when I have to make this decision LOL

I will drop my wife off and then park. I am the valet.

So far I do valet the car at my golf club but draw the line at restaurants and other places where I cannot see where they drive off to park. Not comfortable at all.

I’ve used valet twice. Both locations I’ve been able to see where they park the car and not take it to a site down the road etc.

Both times it’s been an issue with the Lucid. The first time they needed me to come to the car as they couldn’t figure out how to get it to open even with the fob (proximity didn’t work). 2nd time I think the valet played a part in the soft close breaking on the drivers door. I suspect the valet didn’t lift the handle to open and has instead potentially pulled the door out and eventually lifted the handle. I don’t know, but seems weird that this issue happened while the car was with valet.

I don’t blame the valet. The locking / unlocking is so finicky at the moment it’s an accident waiting to happen.

I’ve used valet twice. Both locations I’ve been able to see where they park the car and not take it to a site down the road etc.

Both times it’s been an issue with the Lucid. The first time they needed me to come to the car as they couldn’t figure out how to get it to open even with the fob (proximity didn’t work). 2nd time I think the valet played a part in the soft close breaking on the drivers door. I suspect the valet didn’t lift the handle to open and has instead potentially pulled the door out and eventually lifted the handle. I don’t know, but seems weird that this issue happened while the car was with valet.

I don’t blame the valet. The locking / unlocking is so finicky at the moment it’s an accident waiting to happen.
This is the kind of stuff I'm concerned with, that and the 800 HP with instantaneous torque.

This thread has made me reconsider using valets! I’ve valeted my GT at any number of random non-high end locations but now I’m going to stop that foolish practice lol.

This thread has made me reconsider using valets! I’ve valeted my GT at any number of random non-high end locations but now I’m going to stop that foolish practice lol.
So, I used to work somewhere where we would periodically have to help with high season traffic within the “park”. One season, I got to hang out and help valets. What I learned was:

- Most people who have nice cars do not valet
- DO NOT VALET YOUR NICE CAR. There are many stories I heard about the way the people who are hired as valets will treat your car that will make you shiver. Policies to help fix dents/issues in valet cars are well known because they’re a norm..

The valet card is stupid. It’s a key, not a valet card. It should be customizable to restrict speed, lock glovebox, frunk, trunk etc.

For some stupid reason it needs a pin to start but it you hold it to the ceiling it doesn’t??? I don’t know what Lucid was thinking with this implementation.

I've used valet at a high end hotel where we went for brunch. They had no issues with the car.

In NYC parking garages, you don't really have an option...
In Chicago quite a few of the garages with valets have gone to self park, those old school garages with circular ramps that make you dizzy are fun insanity, if only the scars on the wall could talk 🤣
And this is why I don't live in those areas (nor will I). Also, those garages are terrifying.
So is a good roller coaster, but that doesn't make it any less fun.
I've used valet at a high end hotel where we went for brunch. They had no issues with the car.
Downtown Chicago isn't exactly Silicon Valley when it comes to tech, I'm thinking that those valets where you live have seen a lot of EV's.

Back