Tidal vs. Qobuz

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I realize that Tidal is a native app in the Lucid while Qobuz is not. Of course, with CarPlay (and if AA ever debuts) it would be almost as good as a native app. All of my friends in central Illinois are big Qobuz fans and say they prefer it to Tidal. (Yes, I know Tidal offers Dolby Atmos, but besides that.) I'd be curious about your opinions. For the sake of argument, let's say Lucid offered both. Which would you choose?
Rich

I used Qobuz for a few years. When I got my Lucid Air I got a 3 month trial of Tidal since it was compatible with the Air. I compared Tidal with Qobuz for that 3 months on my Spectral/Magico system. I could not hear any audible differences between the two music services. There also is a very close overlap of their catalogs.
I canceled Qobuz and use Tidal for both 2 channel listening at home as well as in car music listening.
Also,
Rich

I realize that Tidal is a native app in the Lucid while Qobuz is not. Of course, with CarPlay (and if AA ever debuts) it would be almost as good as a native app. All of my friends in central Illinois are big Qobuz fans and say they prefer it to Tidal. (Yes, I know Tidal offers Dolby Atmos, but besides that.) I'd be curious about your opinions. For the sake of argument, let's say Lucid offered both. Which would you choose?
Rich
Tidal. If Qobuz doesn't offer Atmos tracks, what's the point?

Back