Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
Dream Performance w/ 21" Wheels
Delivery 12/31/21
Current Mileage: 3,589

Mobile Service Visits: 3
Service Center Visits: 3 (2 due to follow up from aftermarket radar/laser installation)

Service Synopsis:

While several minor hardware issues and a major central computer issue had to be resolved, there have been fewer such issues than we had when we bought our 2015 Tesla Model S in July 2015 and our 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid in August 2021. For this to be production car number 154 from a new company, this is really quite remarkable. The response from Lucid Customer Service has been quick and fully satisfactory, whether by mobile technicians or in the service center. The most recent service center visit was at Lucid's request rather than mine. (We had a one-time issue with the frunk lid not fully releasing that might have been due to a slight misalignment occasioned by installation of a radar/laser detector. Lucid had recalibrated the ADAS system after the installation and expressed concern that they had failed to notice the slightly wider frunk/bumper gap on one side of the car. It was so minor that I didn't want to bother with it, but Lucid insisted on trucking the car across state to a service center to recheck everything. They insisted on treating it as a warranty issue even though I felt any issue might have been caused by something I did aftermarket, not anything Lucid did. They picked the car up on a Monday and returned it on Wednesday, refusing to accept any payment. I do not think Lucid -- or any carmaker -- can sustain this level of extreme attention for long, but it does reflect Lucid's determination to drill down on every single issue that presents in early-production cars.)

The Car as a Rolling Computer -- aka, the Software:

All the things that were outright malfunctions have been resolved with the OTA updates, although response time still lags what we see in our newest Tesla. There are still some desirable functionalities missing that I hope Lucid will add over time: satellite maps, better Homelink function upon departure from home, more comprehensive Alexa response, etc.

Not enough of DreamDrive Pro is yet active to comment fairly on it but, ADAS aside for now, Lucid is not yet at the forefront in terms of software with which the user interacts. As for the software that communicates with the drivetrain, I can detect nothing in driving the car that indicates there are any problems in that domain.

The Car as a Passenger Hauler:

As drivers and passengers gain familiarity with the car and motor memories have formed for entering, exiting, and using controls the car just gets better and better. The front seats are superb in comfort, adjustment range, and features. A perfect driving position is easy to find for any size driver. Rear seat passengers still rave about the room and comfort. The ride is compliant, and road and wind noise are suitably muted.

The front center console could stand a redesign, and the single wireless phone charger is a bad joke in terms of number and usability. The car needs a USB port that will read a music stick, as LTE streaming has frequent dropouts in our area. But there is little else at this point that we feel merits a revisit. The style, airiness, and materials quality of the interior still draw our attention almost every time we get into the car.

The Car as a Driving Machine:

Amazing.

Of all the luxury and high-performance cars I have owned, there have only been two that, even after several months of ownership, still caused me to get up in the morning wondering what excuses I could find that day to take the car out of the garage: the Audi R8s and the Lucid Air.

The power, precision, and fluidity of the Air, whether in heavy traffic or on the open road, are simply remarkable. It just doesn't get old, no matter how much time you spend in the car.

I climbed into the front passenger seat of our Model S Plaid last week for the first time in over a week. After getting used to the Air, all I could notice was the rougher ride, more road noise, the more blockish interior, and how short the bottom seat cushion was. (The extending thigh support in the Air is something I never thought about before but now never want again to be without.) I still find the Tesla's center console more usable, I still miss the satellite map when in the Lucid, and I recognize that the inertia-defying acceleration the driver feels behind the wheel of a Plaid has no peer . . . but that comes at the price of dealing with that ridiculous yoke and awful steering wheel buttons.

I have never been as pleased with a car purchase at the three-month mark as I am with this Lucid. And I have never had passengers gush so over their experience as passengers.

Last edited:
Delivery 12/31/21

Service Center Visits: 3 (2 due to follow up from aftermarket radar/laser installation)

Service Synopsis:

While several minor hardware issues and a major central computer issue had to be resolved, there have been fewer such issues than we had when we bought out 2015 Tesla Model S in July 2015 and our 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid in August 2021. For this to be production car number 154 from a new company, this is really quite remarkable. The response from Lucid Customer Service has been quick and fully satisfactory, whether by mobile technicians or in the service center. The most recent service center visit was at Lucid's request rather than mine. (We had a one-time issue with the frunk lid not fully releasing that might have been due to a slight misalignment occasioned by installation of a radar/laser detector. Lucid had recalibrated the ADAS system after the installation and expressed concern that they had failed to notice the slightly wider frunk/bumper gap on one side of the car. It was so minor that I didn't want to bother with it, but Lucid insisted on trucking the car across state to a service center to recheck everything. They insisted on treating it as a warranty issue even though I felt any issue might have been caused by something I did aftermarket, not anything Lucid did. They picked the car up on a Monday and returned it on Wednesday, refusing to accept any payment. I do not think Lucid -- or any carmaker -- can sustain this level of extreme attention for long, but it does reflect Lucid's determination to drill down on every single issue that presents in early-production cars.)

All the things that were outright malfunctions have been resolved with the OTA updates, although response time still lags what we see in our newest Tesla. There are still some desirable functionalities missing that I hope Lucid will add over time: satellite maps, better Homelink function upon departure from home, more comprehensive Alexa response, etc.

Not enough of DreamDrive Pro is yet active to comment fairly on it but, ADAS aside for now, Lucid is not yet at the forefront in terms of software with which the user interacts. As for the software that communicates with the drivetrain, I can detect nothing in driving the car that indicates there are any problems in that domain.

As drivers and passengers gain familiarity with the car and motor memories have formed for entering, exiting, and using controls the car just gets better and better. The front seats are superb in comfort, adjustment range, and features. A perfect driving position is easy to find for any size driver. Rear seat passengers still rave about the room and comfort. The ride is compliant, and road and wind noise are suitably muted.

The front center console could stand a redesign, and the single wireless phone charger is a bad joke in terms of number and usability. The car needs a USB port that will read a music stick, as LTE streaming has frequent dropouts in our area. But there is little else at this point that we feel merits a revisit. The style, airiness, and materials quality of the interior still draw our attention almost every time we get into the car.

Amazing.

Of all the luxury and high-performance cars I have owned, there have only been two that, even after several months of ownership, still caused me to get up in the morning wondering what excuses I could find that day to take the car out of the garage: the Audi R8s and the Lucid Air.

The power, precision, and fluidity of the Air, whether in heavy traffic or on the open road, are simply remarkable. It just doesn't get old, no matter how much time you spend in the car.

I climbed into the front passenger seat of our Model S Plaid last week for the first time in over a week. After getting used to the Air, all I could notice was the rougher ride, more road noise, the more blockish interior, and how short the bottom seat cushion was. (The extending thigh support in the Air is something I never thought about before but now never want again to be without.) I still find the Tesla's center console more usable, I still miss the satellite map when in the Lucid, and I recognize that the inertia-defying acceleration the driver feels behind the wheel of a Plaid has no peer . . . but that comes at the price of dealing with that ridiculous yoke and awful steering wheel buttons.

I have never been as pleased with a car purchase at the three-month mark as I am with this Lucid. And I have never had passengers gush so over their experience as passengers.
Sounds good! Now let’s fix the fix the production issues and ramp up the deliveries. Time to grow up and become an automaker!

Sounds good! Now let’s fix the fix the production issues and ramp up the deliveries. Time to grow up and become an automaker!

Do you think they need to focus on production and deliveries? I’m not sure we know how you feel. Perhaps tell us some more, on every unrelated thread? :p

Yup! Those who have cars obviously feel differently. ;)

Delivery 12/31/21

Service Synopsis:

While several minor hardware issues and a major central computer issue had to be resolved, there have been fewer such issues than we had when we bought out 2015 Tesla Model S in July 2015 and our 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid in August 2021. For this to be production car number 154 from a new company, this is really quite remarkable. The response from Lucid Customer Service has been quick and fully satisfactory, whether by mobile technicians or in the service center. The most recent service center visit was at Lucid's request rather than mine. (We had a one-time issue with the frunk lid not fully releasing that might have been due to a slight misalignment occasioned by installation of a radar/laser detector. Lucid had recalibrated the ADAS system after the installation and expressed concern that they had failed to notice the slightly wider frunk/bumper gap on one side of the car. It was so minor that I didn't want to bother with it, but Lucid insisted on trucking the car across state to a service center to recheck everything. They insisted on treating it as a warranty issue even though I felt any issue might have been caused by something I did aftermarket, not anything Lucid did. They picked the car up on a Monday and returned it on Wednesday, refusing to accept any payment. I do not think Lucid -- or any carmaker -- can sustain this level of extreme attention for long, but it does reflect Lucid's determination to drill down on every single issue that presents in early-production cars.)

Amazing.

Thanks for this post, just makes me even more excited for mine to arrive.

Delivery 12/31/21

Service Synopsis:

Amazing.

Very thoughtful post, as always. Thanks. I've only had mine for 4 days but have the same reaction - what could I do today that would require me to get in the car.

Wonderful write up. Glad to hear your initial joy in the car hasn’t diminished.

Lucid post-sale service is by all accounts excellent. I definitely hope they can keep close to this level as they scale since it can be a major competitive advantage in the market.

Delivery 12/31/21

Service Synopsis:

Amazing.

You made my heart skip when you mentioned the R8 and Lucid. I had an r8 years ago and miss it. Can’t wait to get my GT. It won’t be as powerful as the Dream, but I’m sure it will be quite competent.

It was sitting in the lucid in a showroom that sold me enough to put a deposit down.

The interior fell really is superb and unique.

I had an r8 years ago and miss it.

I had three of them. Bought the initial 2008 V8 upon its release in late 2007; traded for a 2010 V10 as soon as that came out; traded again for a 2011 V10 Spyder upon its release.

It was the 2011 Spyder I traded for my first EV, and we're now on the precipice of taking the leap into becoming an all-EV household when our Rivian R1S arrives to join our Lucid Air and Tesla Model S Plaid.

The R8s were the only cars I've owned in which my lust for them has survived my EV addiction.

Last edited:
They came out with the V10 right after I got mine. Unreal car. Part of the reason I sold mine was because I wasn’t used to all the attention and people videoing me on the road. It was right after the movie Iron Man came out. Lol

I have an R1s on order as well, but Rivian’s production ramp isn’t anywhere near Lucid’s, so it could be a while until I get it.

They came out with the V10 right after I got mine. Unreal car. Part of the reason I sold mine was because I wasn’t used to all the attention and people videoing me on the road. It was right after the movie Iron Man came out. Lol

I have an R1s on order as well, but Rivian’s production ramp isn’t anywhere near Lucid’s, so it could be a while until I get it.

Uh if you don't want attention, the Lucid will be the same...I get stopped at least once a week by someone wanting to look inside, most of them are Tesla owners.

Uh if you don't want attention, the Lucid will be the same...I get stopped at least once a week by someone wanting to look inside, most of them are Tesla owners.
I think Tesla will lose a lot of buyers, especially Model S, to Lucid. Not enough to make a dent in their sales because they are driven by the Model 3, but at the higher end.

I think I will be able to suffer the attention this time. I can’t wait for that problem. Lol

Back