• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Think Lucid software is bad……. Hello VW

HC_79

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT
2 updates in 20 months, blank screens, lagginess. VW promised OTA updates every 3 months and we wonder why EA is a hot mess!

2 updates in 20 months, blank screens, lagginess. VW promised OTA updates every 3 months and we wonder why EA is a hot mess!

My wife absolutely prohibit me to buy VW car and I thought VW ID.Buzz is very cute. It’s going to be Rivian R1S or Lucid Gravity for us. ModelX 3rd row is not really usable for any adult.

After my last experience with Audi and software issues I’ll never own a VWAG car again. I really like the Taycan and e-Tron GT but VWAG has serious software problems and they’re not going to be fixed overnight.

After my last experience with Audi and software issues I’ll never own a VWAG car again. I really like the Taycan and e-Tron GT but VWAG has serious software problems and they’re not going to be fixed overnight.
Can you share what kind of issues you had?

I assumed that with the legacy makers their infotainment was mostly just boring, cumbersome and dated, but technically worked. At least that’s how my Toyota is lol.

Edit: ah I do see complaints about phantom braking and bad stop sign detection in the article.

Can you share what kind of issues you had?

I assumed that with the legacy makers their infotainment was mostly just boring, cumbersome and dated, but technically worked. At least that’s how my Toyota is lol.

Edit: ah I do see complaints about phantom braking and bad stop sign detection in the article.
Can’t complain about the ADAS so much but it would often mix up the truck speed signs with normal and then just anchor on the brakes with no warning but the MMI had quirks for sure. They were just frustrating more than anything with simple things like display settings being reset, customized home screen resetting, MyAudi app not connecting to the car for 7 weeks. From a design standpoint it’s just got menu upon menu upon menu where you go 3 to 5 layers in to change some settings. From memory. I think it had 2 or 3 settings menus and could never remember which settings menu things were in.

I was doing a road trip to LA and the route planner put in my stops. Pulled up to the first charging location to discover is was completely closed. When digging into it, the route planner knew that location was offline but still navigated to it. I was lucky I had enough miles to get to the next location but pulled in with only a few miles left so it was an extremely close call.

You speak to Audi and they pretend like they’ve never heard of the issues but other owners are complaining on forums. The car only received 3 or 4 software updates in 3 years and none of them fixed the annoyances of things randomly resetting to default from day 1.

“The saving grace is Apple CarPlay,”

I wish I could say this about Lucid. Atm, their software is dangerous and intolerable. My daily issues usually involve the lack of functionality and reliability of cameras and maps. The cameras essentially decide when to work, yesterday the mirror cameras did not. The backup camera lags to about 10 fps at times which can also cause an accident. The map is 100% useless and basically requires me to use my phone + watch. I feel like I’m back in time where driving was more dangerous. The music actions in the HMI are useless. I have to use my phone or Siri for podcasts, music, etc. there’s not even much in the HMI, but it is all pretty unreliable and almost all of it is prone to causing a distraction or accident.

They NEED CarPlay right now.

Back