The Verge: Lucid Air Grand Touring Review

hellolucid

Verified Owner
Cars
GT

When you’re an automotive journalist, sometimes you spend a few hours testing a car and are left with such a negative impression that you wonder for days whether you were maybe just in a bad mood. Then, sometimes you drive a car and it leaves such an overwhelmingly positive impression that you can’t help thinking you must have been blissed out of your mind, that the car can’t have really been that good.

I was left with those sorts of doubts after getting some seat time in a Lucid Air sedan earlier this year. It was a short demo a few hours from my home, early spring on roads still torn up from the winter’s worst. I couldn’t believe how well that car handled all the frost heaves and potholes while still hustling and turning in ways that no 5,200-pound sedan should. Later, on the drive home in my humble Subaru, I was already questioning myself. It couldn’t have been that good.

It couldn’t have been that good
Fast-forward about nine months and I finally had a chance to take a Lucid home, a $139,000 Air Grand Touring to be specific. After a full week of putting this car through its paces on familiar roads, hauling everything from family to groceries and even testing it in cold weather, I’m glad to report that I was not deranged during that first drive. My initial impressions were on the mark. This thing is stellar.

[continued]

Back