Neurio

Referral Code: I79OY1W7
Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Grey Air GT
DE Number
Referral Code
I79OY1W7
Got this notification today from a post I made in the other Lucid forum suggesting @xfyrdudex post his question here since that forum is pretty much dead. Lol.

SmartSelect_20220319-142003_Chrome.jpg

In my opinion, it's quite silly to act or hide the existence of the other Lucid forums. I feel like our content and information speaks for itself to a point where we attract more active users.

The other thing that irks me about the other forum's owner is that he also owns Rivian, Fisker, and Ford forums exactly like the Lucid forums. I don't know what the motivation is behind that, since I don't think he makes money from it.

Considering the number of ads, I'd guess there has to be some revenue. I very early on gravitated to this forum and have encouraged others to come here because the conversations are so much more active and high level and there's no commercialization. Thanks to @Joe for getting this place up and running!

Considering the number of ads, I'd guess there has to be some revenue. I very early on gravitated to this forum and have encouraged others to come here because the conversations are so much more active and high level and there's no commercialization. Thanks to @Joe for getting this place up and running!
Yea @Neurio migrated me here and never looked back.

Thank you all. I am glad this is a place that many can enjoy.

As I have outlined before, the other forums are run by a large company that has 1,000s of forums. Their only focus is to pump out as many forums as possible and push monetization ads on each one. They members and voice of the community is sadly not a priority.

Any community that I've been apart of that is built and ran by the community has always been the best experience for me. This is my goal here with Lucid Owners. I am here along with our great mods (@mnewber1 and @eurekaboo) to build and steer the forums in the right direction, but are always open to community feedback and suggestions to implement at any time. This forum is for us all.

I was on the other forum for a few months as well. It just seemed like it was pretty quiet considering the press that Lucid was generating. I chanced upon this forum and noticed immediately the higher level of activity, jumped over here and never looked back. I just don’t have the time or inclination to monitor two overlapping forums, so I made a choice. Nothing against the other forum, just so much more info here.

• Love
Reactions: Joe
Thank you all. I am glad this is a place that many can enjoy.

As I have outlined before, the other forums are run by a large company that has 1,000s of forums. Their only focus is to pump out as many forums as possible and push monetization ads on each one. They members and voice of the community is sadly not a priority.

Any community that I've been apart of that is built and ran by the community has always been the best experience for me. This is my goal here with Lucid Owners. I am here along with our great mods (@mnewber1 and @eurekaboo) to build and steer the forums in the right direction, but are always open to community feedback and suggestions to implement at any time. This forum is for us all.
That would be why when I asked the other forum admin about why have two competing forums when one is very clearly where most are going to I got a super angry response.

If it was someone looking to just make a place for folks to chat, it would have been a very different reply.

• Wow
The only thing I liked about the other forum is the spreadsheet showing all the reservation holders. I check it out every so often to see how many more have reserved. Other then that I stopped going to it. This one provides the best information. Thanks Joe!

• Love
The only thing I liked about the other forum is the spreadsheet showing all the reservation holders. I check it out every so often to see how many more have reserved. Other then that I stopped going to it. This one provides the best information. Thanks Joe!
How were they able to list all reservation holders? What was their source(s)?

How were they able to list all reservation holders? What was their source(s)?

It was put in by members. There's a fair bit of overlap between the forums. Plus, reservations now mean less and this forum is better for tracking confirmations.

It was put in by members. There's a fair bit of overlap between the forums. Plus, reservations now mean less and this forum is better for tracking confirmations.
That’s true, but I do like seeing the model version reserved and their location area.

I am seeing that this forum has rapidly picked up new members. Was not so long ago that there were over 100 more on the ‘other forum’ even though there was very little posting. This one is now within 36 members of the other and should soon be larger in terms of membership. I can see why. Love the quality of the posts here and the mods are doing a great job!

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 11.15.55 PM.png

... Not that it's a competition, however, it speaks to the level of activity when the last post was 4 days ago.

The funny thing is, it seems they've hired someone for engagement. Member goes by "Vivek Nayyar".

He is very active on other Vertical Scope (publicly traded company that runs these forums) owned forums such as their BMW iX Forums, Nissan Z Forums, etc.
- https://www.ixforums.com/members/vivek-nayyar.562/#latest-activity
- https://www.newnissanz.com/members/vivek-nayyar.1401/#latest-activity

The conversations by this member are very basic, bland, and evoke a response. This person probably doesn't own or have any interest in the actual vehicles. It's all smoke and mirror tactics.

He is doing the same on the "other" forums as well and getting members to come back for engagement.

The funny thing is, it seems they've hired someone for engagement. Member goes by "Vivek Nayyar".

He is very active on other Vertical Scope (publicly traded company that runs these forums) owned forums such as their BMW iX Forums, Nissan Z Forums, etc.
- https://www.ixforums.com/members/vivek-nayyar.562/#latest-activity
- https://www.newnissanz.com/members/vivek-nayyar.1401/#latest-activity

The conversations by this member are very basic, bland, and evoke a response. This person probably doesn't own or have any interest in the actual vehicles. It's all smoke and mirror tactics.

He is doing the same on the "other" forums as well and getting members to come back for engagement.
Ahh. That makes sense. I’ll limit my replies to him. There are only about 27 more members over there. I’m watching to see when this one overtakes the other in terms of more members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back