The new Lotus electric SUV "Eletre"

I forgot you were getting an R1S also. Between the production ramp and cancellations from the economy, I think we will be getting our Rivians sooner than expected. I have no clue what’s going on with the Hummer. Seems like a unicorn.
The Hummer was scheduled for "early 2023" so about now and the Rivian was "in 2024 production". Now the Hummer is "fall of 2023" and the Rivian is about the same, Sept.-Oct. I really want to see and drive the Hummer before I have to take the Rivian because I only want one of them, I have driven the Rivian and was pleasantly surprised. Both will be a letdown in performance compared to the Lucid but I really like SUVs better than cars. As much as I love electric power, I think the next generation of batteries and motors will be much better. Time will tell.

Looks like the Hummer and Rivian will be available around the same time. I really want to see the Hummer first.
How many EVs will you have at once!? I'm kind of jealous. I'm VERY curious about the Lotus. I think the R1S looks great. Finally saw one in person yesterday.

How many EVs will you have at once!? I'm kind of jealous. I'm VERY curious about the Lotus. I think the R1S looks great. Finally saw one in person yesterday.
I only want one SUV and maybe an E-Ray Corvette. I will sell the Lucid or give it to one of the boys.

I just reserved one of everything! 😊

One of our children wants the Lotus if I don't.

I only want one SUV and maybe an E-Ray Corvette. I will sell the Lucid or give it to one of the boys.

I just reserved one of everything! 😊

One of our children wants the Lotus if I don't.
I'm up for adoption of you are trickling down EVs 🤣. I look young for my age and have the musical taste of a millennial of that helps 😁

I'm up for adoption of you are trickling down EVs 🤣. I look young for my age and have the musical taste of a millennial of that helps 😁
Only fair. I am paying for the cars with their inheritance!

Pretty good video.
Couple things I like and don't like, but yeah looks very Chinese.

Only reason I watch Out of Spec is because they're the only ones who ever mention Lucid, in this video he spoke about Gravity and Sapphire.

Overall the Eletra seems like an interesting Macan and Cayenne competitor In EV form.

and have the musical taste of a millennial of that helps 😁
Me too. I can be adopted. And in my case, even my graduate school is paid for so I'm a very inexpensive adoption option (& toilet trained too :):))

Pretty good video.
Couple things I like and don't like, but yeah looks very Chinese.

Only reason I watch Out of Spec is because they're the only ones who ever mention Lucid, in this video he spoke about Gravity and Sapphire.

Overall the Eletra seems like an interesting Macan and Cayenne competitor In EV form.
I have one on order but not sure that I will pay $170K+ for the 900HP version. No firm US pricing yet.

And the Geely group is owned by:

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd (ZGH), commonly known as Geely, is a Chinese multinational automotive company headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang. The company is privately held by Chinese billionaire business magnate Li Shufu.

NOT BUYING ANY OF THESE BRANDS, I do however own a Volvo made several years ago.
But you are willing to buy a vehicle made by Saudi Arabia's investment fund?

Mmmm...where do you think the plastics and half the gas in the world comes from? Reason I'm hesitant in buying Chinese ( Volvo, Polestar, Lotus ) is data mining. I don't want China owned conpanies to have any data about me or my family.

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd (ZGH), commonly known as Geely, is a Chinese multinational automotive company headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang. The company is privately held by Chinese billionaire business magnate Li Shufu.

NOT BUYING ANY OF THESE BRANDS, I do however own a Volvo made several years ago.
Yep, I'm staying away from China owned companies....

Different criteria. I have had first hand experience with the Chinese stealing/copying tech in companies we have invested in, prompting me to not want to do any more business with them. I have had several investments along side investors from SA and Qatar and they have all been difficult, but they did not steal the tech. Heck, one of those investments we made with SA investors actually had the tech copied in China for use in China. My stance is not a "general" position, but one based on first-hand experience. So, where I can make an alternate decision, I will.

I haven't sworn off all-things Chinese, but it does factor into my decision process when given a choice.

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd (ZGH), commonly known as Geely, is a Chinese multinational automotive company headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang.

I try not too, but most of stuffs we use everyday from Costco, Amazon are made in China anyway… <sigh>

Lotus has confirmed the Eletre will be made in Wuhan, China. "Lifestyle" vehicles will be made in China i.e. crossovers and sedans.

Sports cars will be made in England.

The infamous Wuhan, the car may be tainted as Chinese viral EV… 😞

Different criteria. I have had first hand experience with the Chinese stealing/copying tech in companies we have invested in, prompting me to not want to do any more business with them. I have had several investments along side investors from SA and Qatar and they have all been difficult, but they did not steal the tech. Heck, one of those investments we made with SA investors actually had the tech copied in China for use in China. My stance is not a "general" position, but one based on first-hand experience. So, where I can make an alternate decision, I will.

I haven't sworn off all-things Chinese, but it does factor into my decision process when given a choice.

Unfortunately, in Europe, Chinese invested automakers are dominating BEV market. VW is doing best to keep up. Without Tesla, American is not even on the map, GM & Ford still in infancy of BEV sales. And Japanese like Honda? Still at embryonic stage. And is Tesla made in USA? Nope! Most of Tesla in the world is made in China where they pay taxes there.

The US economy is bigger than the Chinese economy with roughly 1/4 of the population.

The Chinese are not wealthier than the US no matter how you slice and dice it.

Chinese Per Capita is $13K, USA is $66K, we know 1% American curved that per capita.

Chinese have lots of poverty in rural agriculture industry, but much of recent 3 decades of mass urbanization have brought them huge middle income class.

Here is Forbe’s data:

The top ten countries with the most billionaires are:
1. United States – 724
2. China – 698
3. India – 237
4. Germany – 136
5. Russia – 117
6. Hong Kong – 71
7. Brazil – 65
8. Canada – 64
9. United Kingdom – 56
10. Italy – 51

If you add China and its special region HK, it actually passed U.S. number of billionaires. The key is middle class, Chinese exploded Moddle class to 50%, American currently is at 52%.

New money is the same everywhere. As soon you get it flaunt it. A greater percentage of rich Chinese are new money.

Many Americans that can afford a $150k vehicle chose a $35k vehicle.

A much greater percentage of Chinese that can afford a luxury vehicle actually buy one.
I went to China first time in 2009. I came to this place called Yiwu, the world most industrious city for small goods. I was completely mesmerized by the amount of Ferrari, Lambo, Rolls Royce and Bentley I’ve seen in mere couple days. They just parked in front of factories, some are in gravel roads which I would consider abuse for exotic cars.

Back