The AGT vs 2017 Tesla 90D

Percentage

Verified Owner
Cars
White, Santa Cruz AGT
All lot of owners are trying to compare the Lucid to the Tesla Model S.

IMO, I have only had the AGT for 4 weeks and have been very pleased with it. Sure, some of the software issues are annoying however it is a superior car over the Tesla. Some of the issues I had with the Tesla were:

Interior very cheap for a $100K car.
Only heated seats not cooled. Tough when you live in AZ.
Constant phantom braking.
Very loud road noise when not driving on a smooth pavement.
When fully charging, only get 240 miles from charge.

IMO, I believe a year from now we will be ecstatic that we own a Lucid!

Welcome!

Pleased to hear that your GT has been great so far. Sorry to hear about your experience with Tesla.

Yes, software is definitely a sore point for us here, but we do our best to document issues. Since you're new here, you might not know (and you'll be happy to be told this!): there's a fundamental update coming soon that rewrites most of the software completely and is supposed to result in extremely fast boot up times, far more responsive touch controls, navigation directly in the instrument cluster, and (hopefully) the first iteration of CarPlay.

No timeline yet on when it may arrive, but Lucid has been telling the media that it is coming within a few months (they said this a month or two ago). A lot of the most recent updates have been in preparation for that.

It may not fix all the glitches and is sure to bring some new ones, but the overall experience will hopefully be better.

I could not be happier with my Air GT. The car drives like a Dream. The suspension is fantastic. It’s quintet and comfortable on trips. The interior is luxurious. The range is what I was looking for and no other vehicle currently comes close. Yes, there are some software quirks and I would like CarPlay for the navigation, but it is improving by the month with each update. I did have a coolant hose pop after it started rubbing on the axle, but they took care of it quickly and efficiently. Would I buy a Tesla over this? No way. Would I buy a Grand Touring again? Absolutely.

Back