Test Drive completed today 9/27/22

mallig

Cars
2007 Mercedes E350
Traveled from central CT to Short Hills today to take my first test drive. I was met by Jackson, Charlie and others as I walked in early for my arranged test drive. Their knowledge was excellent - not only about the Air but other vehicles bot ICE and EV - fantastic discussions.
Now on to the test drive - The drive was on both local and "twisties" with a solid grin on my face. The GT operated flawlessly. I was pleasantly surprised by the view in all directions. The on dash view when making turns was exciting as well as very clear and informative. I love this feature. The only sounds I noticed was a very slight motor whine which in my opinion was a good feedback to the speed we were traveling at. Pure silence would have been disconcerting. I am a fan of this feedback. Handling on the "twisties" gave me a true sportscar feel. It was comparable to my E350 with AMG suspension. Road feel was true and turn-ins felt solid.
Al-in-all, the 90 minute test drive cemented my thoughts to stay with my reservation all the way to delivery. I have not confirmed early so as to warrant the possible tax credit, BUT that really is up in the air anyway.
Loved the drive, the people and the car.

This was similar to my experience at Short Hills a couple months ago. And I’d agree with your sentiment about the feel of the car. It felt like a better-driving version of my E-class.

Back