Tesla 1772 universal charger

Mikemost

Cars
Touring
I already have a Tesla charger. I was told by lucid that the two are not compatible for charging. Tesla certified Electrition told me to get a Tesla universal charger(black) and replace the regular Tesla charger. It’s 1/3 of the cost of lucid charger. Any thoughts?

Tom Moloughney's review was very positive. Possibly a good choice for households with a Lucid and a Tesla.

I have Air touring and two Teslas.
I just installed the Tesla universal wall connector today. It works like Supercharger’s Magic Dock.
View attachment IMG_8725.jpegView attachment IMG_8724.jpeg
IMG_8722.jpeg

Lucid Air is capable of 19.2 kW home charging and the Lucid home EVSE is compatible.

If you are going to connect a 100 amp line to the EVSE the Lucid is a good option

If you are going to connect it to a 40 or 50 amp line Tesla EVSEs are a good option.

Tom Moloughney from State of Charge is good source.

I already have a Tesla charger. I was told by lucid that the two are not compatible for charging. Tesla certified Electrition told me to get a Tesla universal charger(black) and replace the regular Tesla charger. It’s 1/3 of the cost of lucid charger. Any thoughts?
They are not physically compatible to plug in different ports but with an adapter, my Tesla mobile charger as well as gen2 Tesla wall charger work fine with both my Tesla and Lucid.

The more connections you have, more chance of a short circuit? I wasn't sure so didnt get the Tesla charger.

The more connections you have, more chance of a short circuit? I wasn't sure so didnt get the Tesla charger.

You quoted the part where he said, "I already have a Tesla charger."

...It’s 1/3 of the cost of lucid charger. Any thoughts?

Tesla Universal Wall Connector is a good one, but notice that it can only deliver 48A maximally, unidirectional. At the same time, the more expensive Lucid one can provide 80A maximally, and it's designed for the future bidirectional backup power from your car to your home.

That's the difference in cost.

Otherwise, I already have a Gen2 Tesla Wall Connector that delivers 80A to my Lucid with an adapter fine for the past 10 months with no problems.

Otherwise, I already have a Gen2 Tesla Wall Connector that delivers 80A to my Lucid with an adapter fine for the past 10 months with no problems.
I have 3 Gen-2 Tesla Wall Connectors @80A (Also 1 Gen-1 at 80A in our vacation home) and also have been doing fine for almost 2 years on TeslaTap Mini 80A. I have bought several Tesla to J1772 80A adapters to try out:

The bought Monzaryan and EVDANCE recently since they were on sale for about $60-$70. I have been changing with these now for a few months with no problems.

I have 3 Gen-2 Tesla Wall Connectors @80A (Also 1 Gen-1 at 80A in our vacation home) and also have been doing fine for almost 2 years on TeslaTap Mini 80A. I have bought several Tesla to J1772 80A adapters to try out:

The bought Monzaryan and EVDANCE recently since they were on sale for about $60-$70. I have been changing with these now for a few months with no problems.
which do you prefer in terms of quality of the build, ease of connecting, ergonomics, etc.?

which do you prefer in terms of quality of the build, ease of connecting, ergonomics, etc.?
I would say the Teslatap mini is the safest bet for safety, in that the company has been around the longest and I’ve used it for the longest time.

The EVDANCE is currently the cheapest at $67 and it has 20% coupon additionally. They also show more about its construction than the other ones.

The Monzaryan is the nicest in terms of appearance and functionality, since it includes a lock for the J1772 and a varying case. It too has 20% off currently.

I’m still searching for a suitable padlock for the TeslaTap.
Do you have a recommendation?

I have never used a tesla charger at home. My chargepoint homeflex works great with a 60 amp circuit hard wired or a 40 amp plug. The software works well to manage and track charging and cost.

Back