Terminology & Slang Glossary

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
SLANG:

SlangDefinition
PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)Inspection that occurs once an Air arrives at the service center prior to delivery.
QA / QC (Quality Assurance / Quality Check)An inspection that occurs that Casa Grande Factory prior to leaving the factory.
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)A unique number assigned to a vehicle used for insurance and registration.
DA (Delivery Advisor)An advisor assigned to a customer once a reservation has been converted to an order.
SA (Sales Advisor)An advisor available to answer questions prior to ordering, during or after reservation.
ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control)Similar functionality to cruise control, with ability to slow down and speed up, and keep distance to lead car.
SOC (State of Charge)Current level of charge of car's battery.
DE / ADE (Air Dream Edition)The limited edition trim of the Lucid Air ($170,000).
GT / AGT (Air Grand Touring)The highest trim of the Lucid Air ($140,000).
T / AT (Air Touring)The median trim of the Lucid Air ($95,400).
P / AP (Air Pure)The lowest trim of the Lucid Air ($77,500).

TERMS:
TermDefinition
ReservationMade through the Lucid website or at a Studio, deposit is fully refundable at this stage.
ConfirmationStage after reservation by invite only, confirms color, interior, and options. Deposit is no longer refundable.

Last edited:
Also:

”Grey” : Lucid Airs made of solid vibranium

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Vibranium-Bar-Movie-Prop-1.jpg

”Silver” : Lucid Airs made of solid beskar

ibniu202149_1.jpg

Supply chain and harmonization issues have led to their delayed introduction.

Also:

”Grey” : Lucid Airs made of solid vibranium

Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Vibranium-Bar-Movie-Prop-1.jpg

”Silver” : Lucid Airs made of solid beskar

ibniu202149_1.jpg

Supply chain and harmonization issues have led to their delayed introduction.

This might go over some of our older members head, haha. May want to label as a joke.

Last edited:
Vibranuim is similar in weight to aluminum (1/3 weight of steel).

But Beskar is much heavier. I assume the range will be impacted. I am worried about a class action lawsuit.

Where are the Sapphire and GT-P

I’m 99% certain nobody is going to use any of those but you, but you do you.

View attachment 4804
OK, it's the Lucid wall wart for the world; "Betty" for me.
Elsewhere someone was explaining the EVsomethingsomthing acronym (not on your list ??). So useful because it's so non-specific. It could be a charger or a cable or a plug, or the Lucid wall wart (Betty).

At closing when I bought a custom V70R the closer hit me with: "We've already acid washed the paint, so if you want us to put on the protective sealant we can do that while you sign the papers." I had read the entire owner's manual, and it specifically said NOT to muck with the paint. That's why I'm sayin' saran wrap and grease...I'm really not trusting it.

Last edited:
I might add a term we used in hang gliding: "WOOFO"

When the tourists come up to us at launch and ask: "What's this for?"
You wound not believe the questions they ask.
"How long can you hold on?" "Oh, pretty long time but, that's why we fly over the river (this at Hyner View, a very popular place to watch us fly)"
"What happens when you hit an air pocket" "You have to hold your breath."
"Did you ever die doing that?" yes, this is the most common question a woofo asks, looking right at you. Truthful answer is: many times.

I'm expecting a lot of tourists coming up to this unusual car. woofos

LCHCS Lucid Connected Home Charging Station (Betty)

" Hey, did you hear anything about the likelihood that the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station will come out this year?"

or

" Seen Betty?"
1664276984800.png

SLANG:

SlangDefinition
PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)Inspection that occurs once an Air arrives at the service center prior to delivery.
QA / QC (Quality Assurance / Quality Check)An inspection that occurs that Casa Grande Factory prior to leaving the factory.
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)A unique number assigned to a vehicle used for insurance and registration.
DA (Delivery Advisor)An advisor assigned to a customer once a reservation has been converted to an order.
SA (Sales Advisor)An advisor available to answer questions prior to ordering, during or after reservation.
ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control)Similar functionality to cruise control, with ability to slow down and speed up, and keep distance to lead car.
SOC (State of Charge)Current level of charge of car's battery.
DE / ADE (Air Dream Edition)The limited edition trim of the Lucid Air ($170,000).
GT / AGT (Air Grand Touring)The highest trim of the Lucid Air ($140,000).
T / AT (Air Touring)The median trim of the Lucid Air ($95,400).
P / AP (Air Pure)The lowest trim of the Lucid Air ($77,500).

TERMS:
TermDefinition
ReservationMade through the Lucid website or at a Studio, deposit is fully refundable at this stage.
ConfirmationStage after reservation by invite only, confirms color, interior, and options. Deposit is no longer refundable.
QC = Quality Control

DDN Dream Drive Nag; Among the class-leading active safety features in Dream Drive 9.3.35 , the Dream Drive Nag records everyhing the persons in the car say and match it with the car's information, and outputs their comments over the audio system, in high fidelity, any time you are alone. Once installed it can not be shut up.

Here’s another addition …

RTFM : Read The F*cking Manual

Here’s a very common usage in a sentence, ”When in doubt, RTFM! Most everything you’re looking for is contained within.”

RTFM : Read The F*cking Manual
you made me log back in just so i could endorse this. i've always taken the manual and a red pen right to the crapper and left it there until I knew it. This is the first car where I have been guilty of the sin. ashamed, am i.

Back