Tempted to pull the trigger on an Air Pure on lease, just have a few questions

redditrabbit

DE Number
With the latest price reduction, I gotta say I’m pretty tempted to get one on lease. But here are some of my questions:

1. Is there any plan for Electrify America to increase the availability of their chargers? Because all I heard are horror stories on EA chargers failing (or just trickles when it’s supposed to charge very fast) left and right.
  2. So the lease price doesn’t include tax, but it does not include any gas savings. My guess is 8% tax = ~$70/mon on the tax end. My monthly gas bill is ~$120. So the gas savings is more than enough to cover the tax. But my concern is a huge jump in my insurances bill. From what I have seen, it takes about $200/mon to insure one. And my current car insurance is about $30/mon (it’s an old car and I haven’t had an accident (knock on wood, fingers crossed) so statefarm cuts me a lot of slack). This would mean a total of $200+$70-$120-30$ =$120/month more payment. Is my calculation correct? (I’m looking to get one with DreamDrive Pro to make highway drives easier so I’m looking mostly at leases at around $850, which means a total of $1120 payment including insurance and tax)
  3. I still have some concern on the software experience. But to my knowledge Lucid will integrate with CarPlay 2.0 and that will make the software much more usable. Does anyone have any idea on this?
  4. In the fine print it says low mileage leasing of 10000 miles / year. I think I can hit it as my daily commute is a 12 mile round trip. But it says the leasee is responsible for wear and tear of $0.25 per mile. So even if I drive more than 10000 miles, let’s say 12000 miles, I’d only have to pay $500. But the subtext is that ‘the maintenance is included in the lease’? Which means I don’t have to pay for maintenance for the car? If that’s true that’s also gonna be some significant savings. Because my maintenance is few thousand dollars per year.. is my understanding correct?

With the latest price reduction, I gotta say I’m pretty tempted to get one on lease. But here are some of my questions:

1. Is there any plan for Electrify America to increase the availability of their chargers? Because all I heard are horror stories on EA chargers failing (or just trickles when it’s supposed to charge very fast) left and right.
  2. So the lease price doesn’t include tax, but it does not include any gas savings. My guess is 8% tax = ~$70/mon on the tax end. My monthly gas bill is ~$120. So the gas savings is more than enough to cover the tax. But my concern is a huge jump in my insurances bill. From what I have seen, it takes about $200/mon to insure one. And my current car insurance is about $30/mon (it’s an old car and I haven’t had an accident (knock on wood, fingers crossed) so statefarm cuts me a lot of slack). This would mean a total of $200+$70-$120-30$ =$120/month more payment. Is my calculation correct? (I’m looking to get one with DreamDrive Pro to make highway drives easier so I’m looking mostly at leases at around $850, which means a total of $1120 payment including insurance and tax)
  3. I still have some concern on the software experience. But to my knowledge Lucid will integrate with CarPlay 2.0 and that will make the software much more usable. Does anyone have any idea on this?
  4. In the fine print it says low mileage leasing of 10000 miles / year. I think I can hit it as my daily commute is a 12 mile round trip. But it says the leasee is responsible for wear and tear of $0.25 per mile. So even if I drive more than 10000 miles, let’s say 12000 miles, I’d only have to pay $500. But the subtext is that ‘the maintenance is included in the lease’? Which means I don’t have to pay for maintenance for the car? If that’s true that’s also gonna be some significant savings. Because my maintenance is few thousand dollars per year.. is my understanding correct?
  1. Remember, negative experiences tend to be overrepresented on the Internet. I have charged at Electrify America about 50 times and I have had three bad experiences. That said, they have a ways to go until they are really where they need to be. Do you plan on doing a lot of road trips with your car or do you stay within 300 miles of home most of the time? If you are staying near home, make sure you have a home charger installed. That's the best way to use an electric car!
  2. It's an expensive car so your insurance will definitely be more. This varies quite wildly from state to state and even area to area. My suggestion is you contact your insurance company and ask them what it would be.
  3. Lucid has not promised to integrate with CarPlay 2.0, but I hope they do! Currently the car integrates well with CarPlay and I find the software to be really great now. It has gone through some growing pains but most of the bugs are gone.
  4. Nobody has a car that is more than two years old. The first maintenance visit has been about $400. Maintenance is not included and it will be an out-of-pocket expense.

RE point 4: there are (or at least, were in April) higher mileage leases than 10000 miles, such as 12000 and 15000 miles a year. The Lucid finance portal should be able to show you the scenarios - if not, reach out to Lucid. From memory, additional miles over 10000 miles work out around 13¢ if prepaid (based on running scenarios on the portal), the 25¢ is paid on any miles over the limit you select (so, yes, $500 for exceeding by 2000 miles in your example). But you only have a few discrete options (e.g. 12k miles or 15 k miles) -- you can't ask them for a 13500 mile lease. ( Well, I guess you can *ask*...!). HIH

Back