Surround view monitoring error

A Fischman

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
AT ZR Santa Cruz, 300SDL
DE Number
I have a 2023 Air Touring with DDPro. The car has 2500 miles on it.

On August 17, 2024 I was on highway 76 heading from Temecula to I-5 north. It was about 2:00 PM. Without warning my turn signal cameras stopped working. I was making lane changes without the benefit of the camera views. I pulled off the highway and did an Air logo reset. The problem persisted. I called Customer Service and relatively quickly received a call back from a very
nice lady. She did a hard reset of my car and the cameras came back online. I don't drive too much; that was about 200 miles ago.

Today, September 13, 2024, I encountered the Surround View Monitoring Error in the Costco parking lot. The message said to turn the vehicle off and on again; how do you do that? I lost all camera views. I exited the car and let it shut down. Then I woke the car up, but the error persisted. I went into Costco for about 20 minutes, and when I returned, everything was working normally. I hope that I do not have a developing problem.

Attachments

• surround view monitoring error - 09-13-2024.webp
    surround view monitoring error - 09-13-2024.webp
    406 KB · Views: 26

On August 17, 2024 I was on highway 76 heading from Temecula to I-5 north. It was about 2:00 PM. Without warning my turn signal cameras stopped working. I was making lane changes without the benefit of the camera views. I pulled off the highway and did an Air logo reset. The problem persisted. I called Customer Service and relatively quickly received a call back from a very
nice lady. She did a hard reset of my car and the cameras came back online. I don't drive too much; that was about 200 miles ago.

Today, September 13, 2024, I encountered the Surround View Monitoring Error in the Costco parking lot. The message said to turn the vehicle off and on again; how do you do that? I lost all camera views. I exited the car and let it shut down. Then I woke the car up, but the error persisted. I went into Costco for about 20 minutes, and when I returned, everything was working normally. I hope that I do not have a developing problem.
Best bet is a logo reset. Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

I have close to 26K miles on mine. I've had the cameras disappear a few times, although usually months apart from each other. Exiting the car and letting it shut down is one of the resets, and usually works. Especially to fix the cameras. I do recommend reading the lucidupdates.com site. I think knowing how to reset the car when needed is an essential part of Lucid ownership. I didn't read all that at first, so when the cockpit went blank and I couldn't start the car in a parking lot late one night, I was extremely upset. It's funny how you come to rely on those cameras. Whenever I drive anything else now, I look for the turn signal camera view and then realize it's not there and I have to check the mirror.

I have close to 26K miles on mine. I've had the cameras disappear a few times, although usually months apart from each other. Exiting the car and letting it shut down is one of the resets, and usually works. Especially to fix the cameras. I do recommend reading the lucidupdates.com site. I think knowing how to reset the car when needed is an essential part of Lucid ownership. I didn't read all that at first, so when the cockpit went blank and I couldn't start the car in a parking lot late one night, I was extremely upset. It's funny how you come to rely on those cameras. Whenever I drive anything else now, I look for the turn signal camera view and then realize it's not there and I have to check the mirror.
Thank you. I appreciate you stating your experience. I am familiar with the reset procedures. You alleviated my concerns since it appears that it is just software, not a hardware issue. I classify this as a minor inconvenience. I love the car.

I’ve had the cameras fail also. Doing an ‘air logo reset’ didn’t bring the cameras back. Letting the car lock and walking away for a few minutes is the fix that seems to work for me. Issue has come up about 3-4 times in the last 8 months. GT with DDP

Back