Sunvisor - Great Views

Jfam

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid
I write this for the general group of people who have a Lucid with a glass canopy and the specific group of them who learn slower than I do. Last month the afternoon sun was coming through my driver side window, so I moved the sunvisor over to block it out. The view through the front window improved dramatically; so I moved the passenger side sunvisor over to the passenger window. The now panoramic view impressed me. It enhanced driving through the valleys of downtown buildings, the views while driving on highways and, especially, tree lined country roads. I now drive constantly with the sunvisors moved to their respective side windows. Just a thought for those, if any, who didn’t find this before I did.

I do this as well every once in a while when I feel like seeing more of the scenery in front of me. Feels very different when you're driving and seeing everything in front.

With the way I fit in the car, it's kind of hard to move it around my head and over to the side. So I usually drive with it at an angle, where it's a thin line breaking the view in front of me.

I write this for the general group of people who have a Lucid with a glass canopy and the specific group of them who learn slower than I do. Last month the afternoon sun was coming through my driver side window, so I moved the sunvisor over to block it out. The view through the front window improved dramatically; so I moved the passenger side sunvisor over to the passenger window. The now panoramic view impressed me. It enhanced driving through the valleys of downtown buildings, the views while driving on highways and, especially, tree lined country roads. I now drive constantly with the sunvisors moved to their respective side windows. Just a thought for those, if any, who didn’t find this before I did.
Been doing this since I got the car. Amazing, right?

I only wish it didn't block so much of the already too short view out the side windows. Not ideal for left turns, in particular. But on mountain roads, nothing beats that fully open frontal view.

Been doing this since I got the car. Amazing, right?

I only wish it didn't block so much of the already too short view out the side windows. Not ideal for left turns, in particular. But on mountain roads, nothing beats that fully open frontal view.
I move it to the side and tilt it up. It fits against the headliner and doesn’t block the side window view. It also doesn’t impede ingress/egress.

I move it to the side and tilt it up. It fits against the headliner and doesn’t block the side window view. It also doesn’t impede ingress/egress.
That doesn’t work for me, unfortunately, because it hits me in the head.

Drawback of being tall.

I’m tall too. When my visor is tilted up it is above the lower edge of the headliner. In that position it does not impede the side window view nor the top of the open door.

I’m tall too. When my visor is tilted up it is above the lower edge of the headliner. In that position it does not impede the side window view nor the top of the open door.
Can you show me a pic when you get a chance? Mine doesn’t go up high enough when it’s on the side.

Attachments

• IMG_2690.webp
    IMG_2690.webp
    722.3 KB · Views: 45
Moving them to the sides and then sliding them back all the way on the rods does the most to remove them from view. They don't tuck away like the ones on a Model X, so they aren't gone completely, and it would have been nice if the connector pivoted a bit, but it's as close as you can get. The only thing to watch out for is that if you try to adjust the seats all the way forward, you can hit the visors.

Moving them to the sides and then sliding them back all the way on the rods does the most to remove them from view. They don't tuck away like the ones on a Model X, so they aren't gone completely, and it would have been nice if the connector pivoted a bit, but it's as close as you can get. The only thing to watch out for is that if you try to adjust the seats all the way forward, you can hit the visors.

Someone said the Model X sun visors are a patented design. That’s a real shame. The view out of that panoramic windshield is quite literally, “mind blowing”, the first time you encounter it.

I’ve never gotten that feeling, sitting in my Lucid, and that’s a bit of a loss. And it’s all because of those pesky sun visors that just won’t stow completely away.

Someone said the Model X sun visors are a patented design. That’s a real shame. The view out of that panoramic windshield is quite literally, “mind blowing”, the first time you encounter it.

I’ve never gotten that feeling, sitting in my Lucid, and that’s a bit of a loss. And it’s all because of those pesky sun visors that just won’t stow completely away.
Perhaps, but it comes down to what's patented. Having an additional conventional anchor, and allowing the support rod to tilt up wouldn't make it like Tesla's.

Back