Stress Fracture in Back Part of Glass Roof

jhellow

Cars
Tesla 3P, Mercedes SL550
I have had the car for a month, but only have 220 miles on it. Noticed a long stress fracture in the rear roof glass last night. I was worried about this since the rubber molding is crimped a bit on one side and the glass appears slightly warped. Driving it over to service tomorrow. i have attached a pic. Everyone should keep an eye on there glass.

Attachments

• 1F600D6F-9D87-4AA9-A52C-D8230517A72B.jpeg
    1F600D6F-9D87-4AA9-A52C-D8230517A72B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 193
I have had the car for a month, but only have 220 miles on it. Noticed a long stress fracture in the rear roof glass last night. I was worried about this since the rubber molding is crimped a bit on one side and the glass appears slightly warped. Driving it over to service tomorrow. i have attached a pic. Everyone should keep an eye on there glass.
There’s been a couple of these on the rear window, first one I’ve seen on roof glass. This is a fairly common issue with Rivians.

Service is ordering the parts to replace this. Definitely a stress fracture. This part includes the painted piece at the end of the roof. I also pointed out a 3” light scratch on inside of the front glass canopy, almost above the right side of the driver’s head and into the glued on center section. They are evaluating whether to replace this given that it’s been a month since I picked up the car, but for now they are ordering a new canopy as well. Only visible in the sun when looking up. We will see what the wait is for the parts.

Back