Strange HERE maps announcement

alexm

New Member

Joined
Feb 12, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Press release

Basically saying Lucid will use Here SDK which I thought what Lucid already using, also referencing UX 3 for both Air and Gravity 🙃
 
Press releasedrift boss

Basically saying Lucid will use Here SDK which I thought what Lucid already using, also referencing UX 3 for both Air and Gravity 🙃
Yeah, that stood out to me as well. If they were already using HERE, then the real story might be in how they are evolving the platform rather than adopting it. The UX 3 mention across both models suggests they are trying to unify the experience. Do you think this will address some of the current software complaints people have?
 
I'm really hoping that Lucid finds the right field to play in, and swaps in Google Maps - as seen in this AI demo video from a couple weeks ago
1776198025005.webp
 
I'm really hoping that Lucid finds the right field to play in, and swaps in Google Maps - as seen in this AI demo video from a couple weeks ago
View attachment 38227
At the risk of duplicating my post in another thread, perhaps this is a better place for it...


I'm REALLY curious how this tracks with the recent press release from HERE Maps touting the partnership with Lucid and ongoing development.

Was the setup in that video misleading and Lucid is sticking with HERE? Or maybe it was a new version of AA/CarPlay that can use the whole screen?

Or is Lucid planning to switch to Google Maps and HERE just doesn't know it yet, or they know and are trying to get as much mileage out of the current relationship before it's over?
 
At the risk of duplicating my post in another thread, perhaps this is a better place for it...


I'm REALLY curious how this tracks with the recent press release from HERE Maps touting the partnership with Lucid and ongoing development.

Was the setup in that video misleading and Lucid is sticking with HERE? Or maybe it was a new version of AA/CarPlay that can use the whole screen?

Or is Lucid planning to switch to Google Maps and HERE just doesn't know it yet, or they know and are trying to get as much mileage out of the current relationship before it's over?
Only Lucid knows, and maybe not even
 
Basically saying Lucid will use Here SDK which I thought what Lucid already using, also referencing UX 3 for both Air and Gravity 🙃
I’m a bit confused—wasn’t Lucid already using the Here SDK? It sounds like they’re just continuing with it, and the mention of UX 3 for both Air and Gravity doesn’t seem like a big change either.
 
Back
Top