Still waiting for GT

Yodatheman

Cars
Air gt
I confirmed my order for a red gt with Tahoe interior. Vin number recieved on 3/10/22. It's been over a month and I am still waiting to give 140,000 away. I was told by my DA that the car was at end of line and it would be soon that I would get an email for further instructions. I got the financing and set up for ppf and ceramic coating. I still don't know when I will get the email or my car. I hear every else is receiving their car about 2-4 weeks. I don't understand the hold up. I would consider buying a tesla s plaid but I invested a lots of time here. My DA lately has not been returning my calls to let me know any details. This is frustrating. This is my first post. I like that we have a forum to find out about this vehicle otherwise I would be totally lost.

I confirmed my order for a red gt with Tahoe interior. Vin number recieved on 3/10/22. It's been over a month and I am still waiting to give 140,000 away. I was told by my DA that the car was at end of line and it would be soon that I would get an email for further instructions. I got the financing and set up for ppf and ceramic coating. I still don't know when I will get the email or my car. I hear every else is receiving their car about 2-4 weeks. I don't understand the hold up. I would consider buying a tesla s plaid but I invested a lots of time here. My DA lately has not been returning my calls to let me know any details. This is frustrating. This is my first post. I like that we have a forum to find out about this vehicle otherwise I would be totally lost.
Sorry to hear, and clearly frustrating. Could be incompetence or could be something that came up in pre-delivery inspection. They should let you know either way. When was the last time you talked with your DA?

Sorry to hear, and clearly frustrating. Could be incompetence or could be something that came up in pre-delivery inspection. They should let you know either way. When was the last time you talked with your DA?
I last heard from Eugene on Monday. I returned the call it went to voice mail and he has not returned call. My loan officer for the financing called asking me what's going on. I now have to change my appointment for the ppf and ceramic coating. Production should not take this long.

It seems you received your VIN in the “bolt campaign” zone where they had to halt deliveries and production due to an issue they identified before delivering any vehicles causing a recall. I’m not sure what’s going on with vehicles in this range of dates but it seems like a lot of people who were assigned VINs in this time period have not yet received their cars while those who got VINs after this date range got theirs. No verbal explaination from Lucid reported on our side.

Understand your frustration. I received VIN on March 22 and took deliver on April 14 (about 3.5 weeks) after there were many reports on the forum of people having 1-2 weeks (sometimes days!) between VIN and delivery. So I called my DA and found out that the hold up was the PDI at the service center - I guess there were just many cars ahead of mine. But I pleaded with him to expedite the process because I would be out of town for a couple weeks and if I couldn’t take delivery in the next day or two then my vehicle would have to sit at the service center for at least another 2 weeks which is probably not something they wanted either. After that call, I was able to pick up my vehicle the next day by personally going to the service center after hours and driving the vehicle home although I was originally intending to take home delivery.

Understand your frustration. The communication behind the reason for delays has not been great. I confirmed order 11/16 and still have not even received VIN yet. Only because of this forum did I learn it was due to the Grey paint issue. I never receive any update from the DA unless I reach out to him and he told me 4 weeks ago I would get VIN in first 2 weeks of April and then a week ago that I would get it by mid April. It sounds like there is not great communication to the DA's on the actual status of what cars are being built and reason for delays. Lucid is a new company and hopefully they will iron these issues out but I agree with your frustration.

It took 10 weeks for my zenith/tahoe. Vin in late February. DA called me last Friday that my car was ready. There was no indication that the car was even in production. I wonder if she called me because I I asked her why people who got their vin for the same trim after mine already took delivery. Then I canceled lol. The last few weeks I just lost faith and worried that the rush to get cars out may be a bad thing. Right now it just doesn't feel like a $140k+tax product.

It took 10 weeks for my zenith/tahoe. Vin in late February. DA called me last Friday that my car was ready. There was no indication that the car was even in production. I wonder if she called me because I I asked her why people who got their vin for the same trim after mine already took delivery. Then I canceled lol. The last few weeks I just lost faith and worried that the rush to get cars out may be a bad thing. Right now it just doesn't feel like a $140k+tax product.
As someone who owns one, it’s definitely a worthwhile product. I wouldn’t have canceled, but to each their own!

Back