Still no answers from Lucid

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
I keep emailing my contact at Lucid & never get a straight answer about my schedule test drive. If they are having problems, as a person who reserved a car, I expected transparency. I still can’t believe that they still don’t have a production schedule.

What's your reservation for and what studio are you near?

I keep emailing my contact at Lucid & never get a straight answer about my schedule test drive. If they are having problems, as a person who reserved a car, I expected transparency. I still can’t believe that they still don’t have a production schedule.
I found emailing didn’t work nearly as well as calling. When I called the studio in West Palm Beach, someone in home office answered and knew I had a confirmed reservation without me saying so. Must be caller ID. He immediately set me up for a test drive the next day.

Yeah, I've emailed about a general order question and got no response either. The last email I got was the introduction to the DE who would contact me in the "coming days" but it probably should've been stated as "coming weeks" as I haven't heard a thing from them since the beginning of January after confirming my order. Granted, they probably have nothing to say but don't outlay the next steps and not then not meet them. We're not talking about a $30K car here so the communication definitely needs to be stepped up.

I'm in Santa Clarita and from what others have said is that the Beverly Hills location has a test drive car. I've never been contacted to ask it I wanted a test drive

Yeah, I've emailed about a general order question and got no response either. The last email I got was the introduction to the DE who would contact me in the "coming days" but it probably should've been stated as "coming weeks" as I haven't heard a thing from them since the beginning of January after confirming my order. Granted, they probably have nothing to say but don't outlay the next steps and not then not meet them. We're not talking about a $30K car here so the communication definitely needs to be stepped up.

I'm in Santa Clarita and from what others have said is that the Beverly Hills location has a test drive car. I've never been contacted to ask it I wanted a test drive

Assuming you have a GT order, I would call the studio and see if you can get one scheduled.

I had a similar experience. My DA said he would forward my name to the studio to arrange a test drive. Said studio never called me after weeks. I ended up calling to make an appointment. I had to confirm that I had a reservation. The studio rep said they would email me the details for the appointment. After another week of no communication, I called again to see what was up. I finally got the email confirmation for the test drive. We'll see if everything goes as planned.

I would call the studio that's doing the test drive and get the ball rolling.

I had a similar experience. My DA said he would forward my name to the studio to arrange a test drive. Said studio never called me after weeks. I ended up calling to make an appointment. I had to confirm that I had a reservation. The studio rep said they would email me the details for the appointment. After another week of no communication, I called again to see what was up. I finally got the email confirmation for the test drive. We'll see if everything goes as planned.

I would call the studio that's doing the test drive and get the ball rolling.
My DA made first contact tonight and have a call with him tomorrow. Will see what he has to say and ask about test drive.

My DA contacted me on Saturday to touch base and see if I had questions. I responded with some questions. One of them was about test drives. Haven‘t received a reply a week later.

Just an off-topic question:

I've seen owners of Teslas, Taycans, and e-Trons on this forum, and I've seen posters speak of friends who own VW ID.4s and Mustang Mach-Es. But has anyone seen a Jaguar i-Pace owner? Or knows one? Or has even seen one on the road? (I've seen all of the other brands on the road.)

I was really intrigued by that car when it came out and tried to persuade my brother, who was thinking about trading up from his Model 3, to try one.

What happened? Did its short range do it in before it ever got off the ground in the U.S.? (I've read that it sells well in the UK where driving distances are usually much shorter.)

I have seen them on the road here in Charlotte, but do not know anyone who owns one.

I've seen owners of Teslas, Taycans, and e-Trons on this forum, and I've seen posters speak of friends who own VW ID.4s and Mustang Mach-Es. But has anyone seen a Jaguar i-Pace owner? Or knows one? Or has even seen one on the road? (I've seen all of the other brands on the road.)

I was really intrigued by that car when it came out and tried to persuade my brother, who was thinking about trading up from his Model 3, to try one.

What happened? Did its short range do it in before it ever got off the ground in the U.S.? (I've read that it sells well in the UK where driving distances are usually much shorter.)
Funnily enough it got a better EPA score than my e-Tron and they even increased it a little with an OTA update I believe. It just didn't seem to sell in the US and I think Jag has all but given up on it. I don't think i've seen more than 5 in my travels over the years. I looked at it when getting the e-Tron but the pricing seemed off for what you got and I wasn't a fan of the inside so opted to go with the lower range e-Tron

The car was a complete flop though. Dealers were stuck with them on the lots and within a few months after it's release they were knocking thousands off them.

A colleague of mine has one and loves it. Happy with the range, but then, they have another car to fall back on for long trips.

I see one every day driving to work. It is a gorgeous car in person. I seriously considered buying one until Jaguar announced the car's first major update required a trip to the dealership.

Yup, that would be me. Not a current owner but an owner immediately prior to my e-Tron. Had the I-Pace for one year, which seems to be my recent history with cars. My friends (and my wife) joke about my ‘car de jour’. That’s also part of my rationale for going with the Pure, my car retention history is not good.

Owners generally love the I-Pace, I didn’t. In my 2nd week of ownership, fortunately in a nearby parking lot, the car would not start. It had to be flat-bedded back to Jaguar. It was out of service for only 2 days since it turned out to be just a bad ground connection. It was embarrassing nonetheless since several friends warned me of Jaguar’s reliability…or lack thereof.

Subsequent to that, I never had an issue. It even got better range than my e-Tron, though that’s not a major accomplishment. What always bothered me about the car was the lateral motion I’d feel while driving. No matter how I had the suspension adjusted, the ride was not supple enough for me. That lateral motion is common in many SUVs, but I don’t feel it to nearly the same extent with the e-Tron. The worst I’ve felt is my friend’s wife’s Jeep Rubicon. That’s best described as a punishing ride. What’s bizarre is she has back problems, isn’t a youngster, but still adores it. Go figure.

Ultimately I’ve come to the conclusion I’m not an SUV kind of guy. I’m not someone who loves the ride height of an SUV when it’s at the expense of ride quality. I guess I’m a slow learner. ;)

I see one every day driving to work. It is a gorgeous car in person. I seriously considered buying one until Jaguar announced the car's first major update required a trip to the dealership.
Wasn’t it every “OTA” update for the first year that required dealership visit - and sometimes for multiple days

Infotainment updates were done OTA. Other updates were performed at the dealer.

Back