[Resolved] steering feel

PoZulu

My car does seem to have what I would describe as "heavy steering" most of the time. Occasionally at low speeds it will feel lighter and stay that way for 5 or 10 minutes but then goes back to the heavy feeling.
Seems like it gets stuck in one of the sportier modes. Is the steering feel supposed to change depending on driving mode? I like the stiffer feel when driving aggressively but would like something a bit lighter for cruising.

My car does seem to have what I would describe as "heavy steering" most of the time. Occasionally at low speeds it will feel lighter and stay that way for 5 or 10 minutes but then goes back to the heavy feeling.
Seems like it gets stuck in one of the sportier modes. Is the steering feel supposed to change depending on driving mode? I like the stiffer feel when driving aggressively but would like something a bit lighter for cruising.
You could try toggling between the modes and see if that affects the feel. If not, key card reset.

It is interesting that you mention this. When I test drove GT, I felt the steering was somewhat heavy compared to other cars I have. Then I got my touring and I don’t feel that heaviness I experienced with GT at low speeds.

Turns out my car had a bad power steering unit. It was most likely bad from day one. Just got it back from service yesterday. The car is an absolute delight to drive with a proper steering unit on it.

Ah, thanks for the update. @hydbob please mark resolved

Back