States with the best chargers to EVs ratio

srurprised Cali is not in there, considering its considered the birthplace of the modern EV and as pro clean energy as you can get.

I was in northern virginia a few weeks ago and rented a polestar, stations were everywhere...loved it

srurprised Cali is not in there, considering its considered the birthplace of the modern EV and as pro clean energy as you can get.

I was in northern virginia a few weeks ago and rented a polestar, stations were everywhere...loved it
That just shows how many EVs there are in CA.

That just shows how many EVs there are in CA.
Exactly. The volume here is insane. There's no comparison to any other state. They would need an order of magnitude more chargers to catch up to the number of EVs here.

Fortunately, I haven't run into many issues yet here in the Bay Area. I seem to find available chargers pretty easily. But I don't use fast charging very often, so that makes a difference.

It really depends on how often you have to do long road trips, and how smart you are about planning them. For the vast majority of owners with a way to charge at home (I know that's not everyone) this really is a non-issue.

The only one or two times I ran into issues charging were when I was nuts enough to be traveling on a holiday weekend, needing a charge at exactly a peak time in the mid-afternoon.

Should charging companies have a demand philosophy like the post office does? Treat every day like it's Mother's Day? Maybe. But until then, if you can avoid the obvious times where charging will be overcrowded, it pays to do so.

Back