Standard regenerative braking in comfort drive mode

vkb

Cars
GT
Just wondering, it is just me that finds standard regenerative braking to be quite aggressive in Lucid in comfort drive mode? I find it way more aggressive than in others cars i have driven. At about 25-30 mph speed, GT takes about 4-5 seconds to stop after i take the off foot from accelerator. there isn;t a low option (only standard and high). While reversing even on my driveway which has slight incline, it just stops if i let go accelerator - am i missing any settings?

Just wondering, it is just me that finds standard regenerative braking to be quite aggressive in Lucid in comfort drive mode? I find it way more aggressive than in others cars i have driven. At about 25-30 mph speed, GT takes about 4-5 seconds to stop after i take the off foot from accelerator. there isn;t a low option (only standard and high). While reversing even on my driveway which has slight incline, it just stops if i let go accelerator - am i missing any settings?
I noticed this during my test drive. My BMW PHEV (530e) regenerates much more gently. But that is why, I expect, that Lucid is able to get such excellent range out if its battery packs. I think it will just take getting used to.

Noob question - My neighbors fence backs up to my garage. Am I going to have to watch not to accellerate any different than a ICE car for fear of it reversing too fast.

I found reverse very jittery in my test drive. Will need to get used to that.

The regen in reverse does take a little time to get use to. It too me at least a month. The forward regen, even on high, is easy to get use to and once you do I would be very surprised if you did not really enjoy it.

What is difference between “standard” and “high”? I haven’t tried “high” yet. Does it break a lot faster???

I found the standard regeneration a little aggressive when I received my car last month (as this is my 1st EV). Now it seems fine. Just a matter of getting used to it. In fact, I now like it.

I found the standard regeneration a little aggressive when I received my car last month (as this is my 1st EV). Now it seems fine. Just a matter of getting used to it. In fact, I now like it.
Swap it to high and watch your mi/kwh fly!

Swap it to high and watch your mi/kwh fly!
Maybe that was why I don’t see my efficiency more than 3.2 mi/kWh?

I have it on Swift mode, AC level-7 default and 21” tires. I thought my efficiency is limited by my tires.

Maybe that was why I don’t see my efficiency more than 3.2 mi/kWh?

I have it on Swift mode, AC level-7 default and 21” tires. I thought my efficiency is limited by my tires.

Definitely follow @hydbob advice and switch to high. The braking is maybe 3x the low setting and you will get better efficiency. You do not need to take your foot all of the way off of the electron pedal so you can get whatever braking that you desire.

Definitely follow @hydbob advice and switch to high. The braking is maybe 3x the low setting and you will get better efficiency. You do not need to take your foot all of the way off of the electron pedal so you can get whatever braking that you desire.
Coming from a Tesla, I found it easy to use the high regen going forward. It definitely took longer to get the hang of reverse!

High regen is the bomb. It takes a day or two to get used to it, but once you do, there’s no going back. It’ll let you one pedal drive on twisty roads like a pro accelerating and decelerating with aplomb. It’s the best feature of the car. You will fly.

Thanks to @hydbob for showing me how it’s done.

I wish my ICE cars had a feature where every time I let off the accelerator pedal a ounce of gasoline was added back to the tank! 😊

Noob question - My neighbors fence backs up to my garage. Am I going to have to watch not to accellerate any different than a ICE car for fear of it reversing too fast
The regen in reverse does take a little time to get use to. It too me at least a month. The forward regen, even on high, is easy to get use to and once you do I would be very surprised if you did not really enjoy it.
Interesting. I haven't noticed anything different about reverse. Was your previous car an EV as well?

My current car is a Jaguar I pace. The Lucid felt a little funny in reverse because the regen seems like it is still fairly strong. The car felt like it was getting ready to jump out of his skin! Maybe it was just me.

My current car is a Jaguar I pace. The Lucid felt a little funny in reverse because the regen seems like it is still fairly strong. The car felt like it was getting ready to jump out of his skin! Maybe it was just me.
You would be correct. When first reversing in high regen it takes getting used to

I noticed that regenerative braking is much less aggressive in swift mode than in smooth. I too, would like it to be a little less aggressive in smooth mode.

I noticed that regenerative braking is much less aggressive in swift mode than in smooth. I too, would like it to be a little less aggressive in smooth mode.
Hold the smooth mode menu for couple seconds, it will pop up floating regenerative setting to change.

Back