Spotify Playlists Restart

gulfambrian

Cars
Lucid Air GT
I use the Spotify App (built in). Each time I get in the car, the playlist starts over at the same spot it started the last time I got in the car. Likewise, when I use Bluetooth for things like Audible, it’s extremely glitchy in re-connecting and playing. Anyone else? Any work-around?

Spotify and TiDAL are very glitchy when it comes to this. I don’t know if it’s a bug or limitation due to the pure reliance of internet but I guess if Netflix, Apple, etc. can remember where you stopped playing then I don’t see why Lucid can’t sort this out.

TiDAL is more annoying than Spotify as it remembers the last song you played but then forgets the playlist it’s from and just starts playing random music based on similarity to that track. TuneIn by far has been the most solid native app in the car for me.

So yeah, the Music streaming apps are a “work in progress”.

Spotify and TiDAL are very glitchy when it comes to this. I don’t know if it’s a bug or limitation due to the pure reliance of internet but I guess if Netflix, Apple, etc. can remember where you stopped playing then I don’t see why Lucid can’t sort this out.

TiDAL is more annoying than Spotify as it remembers the last song you played but then forgets the playlist it’s from and just starts playing random music based on similarity to that track. TuneIn by far has been the most solid native app in the car for me.

So yeah, the Music streaming apps are a “work in progress”.
Yeah. I gave up on tidal all together. Sounds amazing (premium version) but just so so frustrating.

Same here, Tidal has the same issues. One thing I did discover is that I can connect my Astell & Kern via Bluetooth and my iPhone stays connected too. This is great because the sound from the Astell & Kern is so much better than the bluetooth streaming from my iPhone.

As far as the in-car apps for Spotify and Tidal, it may not the connectivity bandwidth but how the car handles connectivity. I have no issues at all streaming Tidal, Sirius/XM and other platforms via bluetooth from my iPhone to the car. No pauses, complete stops, or starting from top of my playlists.

Same here, Tidal has the same issues. One thing I did discover is that I can connect my Astell & Kern via Bluetooth and my iPhone stays connected too. This is great because the sound from the Astell & Kern is so much better than the bluetooth streaming from my iPhone.

As far as the in-car apps for Spotify and Tidal, it may not the connectivity bandwidth but how the car handles connectivity. I have no issues at all streaming Tidal, Sirius/XM and other platforms via bluetooth from my iPhone to the car. No pauses, complete stops, or starting from top of my playlists.

I'm also a bit disappointed in the Tidal / Spotify connection, and intrigued by your comment about it may not be connectivity bandwidth...this seems to make more sense given the streaming over bluetooth. Not familiar with the Astell & Kern products - are you running a portable player or wireless buds?

The connectivity issue for the music surely needs some attention from Lucid, given the high quality when it works. Touring and Pure really shouldn't buy that as an upgrade in its present state.

Interesting as I have very very very rarely had an issue with Spotify. Tidal is it's own monster...

Back