speedometer

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Many new cars include digital speed displays or combined digital / analog. The Lucid is digital with the charge / discharge display in a semi-circle above the speed. I'd sure love to have the option of an analog speedometer instead of the charge / discharge display, which moves down to the bottom anyway when cruise control is on. Am I the only one who misses an analog display? I'm fine with the digital speed and don't want to eliminate it, just add an analog display around it.

From a design point of view, it would be very silly to have both an analog gauge and a digital number telling you the same thing. I would find that highly distracting and unnecessarily busy. There's a reason why so many other car makers' software interfaces feel so cluttered and busy, and it's usually because of redundant or unimportant information being displayed all the time. Adding a superfluous analog speed indicator would probably be completely opposite of the design ethos that Lucid is adopting with their interface. Not saying that the interface is perfect, definitely has room for improvement, but not this, I think.

As far as the analog indicator itself? I don't miss it at all. I find the power vs charge to be a significantly better use of the space because it changes far more often than my speed will. How fast the car is going is not nearly as important to me as how it's using the energy to get to said speed.

I do think that the lines that show up for charge/power when using Highway Assist are way too thin and need to be thicker.

Back