Sound System Fault

Jordan

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air grand Touring
I have had something strange going on since the last update. When I get in the car for the first time in the morning. My phone connects, but I can not hear anyone clearly. It is almost like the only speaker component working is deep bass. It will be like that for my entire ride. When I get to my destination, if I am there for an hour or so, when I get back in the car, it works as it should. I called the Scottsdale service center and they want me to bring it in for three days. I am thinking that there is some software bug that came in on the last update. Not sure why they need three days to check this out. I am starting to worry about the service side of this car. Don't get me wrong, I Love It - just want to know I can get it repaired in a timely manner. I would think they should be able to update and check the car over the air.

Next time this happens, you might experiment with the Bobby Reset, which means changing to a different profile, waiting for it to take effect, then switching back. The Infotainment system seems to reload with each profile change. If that helps with your problem, you then have more information to pass on to the service tech, plus you have a workaround.

I have had something strange going on since the last update. When I get in the car for the first time in the morning. My phone connects, but I can not hear anyone clearly. It is almost like the only speaker component working is deep bass. It will be like that for my entire ride. When I get to my destination, if I am there for an hour or so, when I get back in the car, it works as it should. I called the Scottsdale service center and they want me to bring it in for three days. I am thinking that there is some software bug that came in on the last update. Not sure why they need three days to check this out. I am starting to worry about the service side of this car. Don't get me wrong, I Love It - just want to know I can get it repaired in a timely manner. I would think they should be able to update and check the car over the air.
Does it sound like somebody is stuffed in the front footwell with a sock in their mouth? I think @hmp10 experienced this

Next time this happens, you might experiment with the Bobby Reset, which means changing to a different profile, waiting for it to take effect, then switching back. The Infotainment system seems to reload with each profile change. If that helps with your problem, you then have more information to pass on to the service tech, plus you have a workaround.
Great idea I will try it.

Does it sound like somebody is stuffed in the front footwell with a sock in their mouth? I think @hmp10 experienced this
If it sounds like this, several of us have experienced it. Mine went away, like so many other random gremlins.

If it sounds like this, several of us have experienced it. Mine went away, like so many other random gremlins.
I would not have come up with that explanation on my own, but yes, that is a great description of how it sounds.

Interesting. I’ve had a slightly different issue in which sometimes I get in the car and all audio fails. No music, no warning tones, no turn signal sound. If I let the car sleep and reboot, the audio is back to normal. Happens once every few weeks. Changing profiles doesn’t fix it. Service center in Natick, MA didn't find any diagnostic issues. Seems like there are a number of software audio bugs lurking.

Interesting. I’ve had a slightly different issue in which sometimes I get in the car and all audio fails. No music, no warning tones, no turn signal sound. If I let the car sleep and reboot, the audio is back to normal. Happens once every few weeks. Changing profiles doesn’t fix it. Service center in Natick, MA didn't find any diagnostic issues. Seems like there are a number of software audio bugs lurking.
This has happened to me twice, but over 10 months of ownership.

Looks like Lucid might need to develop UX 3.0 because it seems UX 2.0 is littered with hidden bugs that are becoming active with every update.

Mine started out where I’d play a song a Spotify, but the upper panel still shows the last AM/FM station I was on. Did a reset and it seemed to fix it. However, I’ve not been able to listen to AM/FM for a few days now, despite resets. Just says no signal found or something to that effect. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mine started out where I’d play a song a Spotify, but the upper panel still shows the last AM/FM station I was on. Did a reset and it seemed to fix it. However, I’ve not been able to listen to AM/FM for a few days now, despite resets. Just says no signal found or something to that effect. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I had this issue. The bobby reset resolved it for me. I have also had no audio at all and the garbled audio for voice calls. It's a random software gremlin.

It has happened to me. It is not only with last update but all of them . It is a software issue and the Bobby reset doesn’t fix it. You have to get out and put the car to sleep for like 5-10 min so it resets .

Looks like Lucid might need to develop UX 3.0 because it seems UX 2.0 is littered with hidden bugs that are becoming active with every update.
Sad but true. C’mon Lucid, we’re all rooting for you!

Ok to add to the puzzle that has happened too - never can get Sirius either.

Ok to add to the puzzle that has happened too - never can get Sirius either.
Sirius went away for me and said unavailable but the Bobby Reset fixed it. I did have to add my favorites again as they were erased.

Bobby reset fixes Sirius and Alexa for me among other things but unfortunately, not the audio bug. Come on Bobby, find us a cure all solution without damaging anything.

Bobby reset fixes Sirius and Alexa for me among other things but unfortunately, not the audio bug. Come on Bobby, find us a cure all solution without damaging anything.
I wish. Audio problems similar to this are the only issues I’m having with the car. Looking forward to a definitive solution.

Same with me. The Natick service center fixed the audio failures that happened a few times. The staff there is exceptional. I have not had the problem since they replaced my CCC module. Resetting the car would solve the problem but it was annoying to have to reset the car when you want to get on your way. I will not drive with no audio warning signals or sound system.

Back