Sometimes, car won't go into drive -- but it will if I switch profiles by hand to my wife, or guest

rao_94583

Verified Owner
Cars
AT, Audi e-tron GT
We've had the car only for a few hours, so this could be an error between steering wheel and seat, but I got into this strange mode twice when everything looked ready to go but it just wouldn't shift into Drive or Reverse. Anyone had this happen? (I was messing with associating a mobile profile, logging in and out to update my avatar, so I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce the problem).

And it went away on its own, somehow.

We've had the car only for a few hours, so this could be an error between steering wheel and seat, but I got into this strange mode twice when everything looked ready to go but it just wouldn't shift into Drive or Reverse. Anyone had this happen? (I was messing with associating a mobile profile, logging in and out to update my avatar, so I'm not exactly sure how to reproduce the problem).

It also happened to me.

My own single profile worked fine but I was tired of adjusting my side mirrors downward to back in my small garage door, then readjust them again to drive on the road.

So, I created another profile that worked as intended: it can't open the garage door but the side mirrors were downward as I wanted.

The problem then is that when I switched to my main profile, it could no longer shift the gears and it stays in the Park gear only.

I had to delete the extra profile in order to allow my main profile to shift gears again.

Sounds like a bug or a very complicated way to set up an extra profile.

I'm still not 100% sure about when exactly this happens. My wife will mostly drive the car, but I will too, and we're both in the car often -- and I think their profile association mechanism is easily confused.

Has this resolved itself? Sometimes if you try to shift into D or R too early when first getting in the car, It won't do anything yet, cause its still "booting up" Maybe give it a little more time before trying to drive off. If that's not the case, I hope you are able to resolve it with a reset or making a new profile.

Has this resolved itself? Sometimes if you try to shift into D or R too early when first getting in the car, It won't do anything yet, cause its still "booting up" Maybe give it a little more time before trying to drive off. If that's not the case, I hope you are able to resolve it with a reset or making a new profile.
Well, it hasn't really resolved itself -- I just removed my wife's profile temporarily, and the problem went away. And it wasn't just a case of me not waiting long enough ... I tried for several minutes before I gave up. The car's going in to have its front radar fixed, and they'll try and reproduce these other problems as well, but I seriously doubt if they'll find anything. This has all the characteristics of inadequate software testing, and will hopefully go away in due course.

Back