Software Glitches

JoeL

I'm about to take delivery of my Lucid Air Touring in a couple of days. Can I expect to have a lot of software glitches?

I'm about to take delivery of my Lucid Air Touring in a couple of days. Can I expect to have a lot of software glitches?

Not nearly as many as a few months ago!! Markedly improved.
With the latest update, my only recurrent glitch has been occasional dropout of speaker sound. Seems more common after 2.028. Reset fixes it.
Backup/ surround camera a bit slow to load sometimes.
Overall, just tremendously improved and an overall positive experience, but with some improvement still needed.

Define.."glitch" 😀

Probably several at least until March or April, my best guess.

Yes.

But so what? Unless you’re like numbnuts Elon, who really doesn’t give a toss about cars, you’ll discover these cars are such a kick in the ass to drive, that you won’t much care about the software. Not enough to keep you from falling in love with the way your Lucid drives anyway.

Last edited:
You will love your car but it will have a few glitches but nothing that makes the car undriveable. It is more about just resetting the car. I would say probably once every two weeks.

I second everyone here who says the drive trumps everything else to a significant degree. Thankfully for me the only glitch i’ve had is alexa finally breaking up with me 😭. And then you drive the thing and it’s makes you forget all the little first world inconveniences! It’s truly a driver’s luxury car. I’m still not sold on autonomous driving so I’m not too disappointed about it’s lack thereof. I still like to drive my own cars thank you very much!

Almost 2000 miles and the only issue I had were blind spot cameras not working one trip. Simple 45 second reboot fixed. Low price to pay for such an amazing cutting-edge vehicle 😎

Almost 2000 miles and the only issue I had were blind spot cameras not working one trip. Simple 45 second reboot fixed. Low price to pay for such an amazing cutting-edge vehicle 😎
Exit the car, move out of key range, wait at least 45 seconds, return to the car and click the top of the key fob twice in quick succession. The horn should honk and the headlights blink if the reset succeeded

is this how you reset? how far is the key range? is there a way to reset without walking out of the car?

Exit the car, move out of key range, wait at least 45 seconds, return to the car and click the top of the key fob twice in quick succession. The horn should honk and the headlights blink if the reset succeeded

is this how you reset? how far is the key range? is there a way to reset without walking out of the car?
I've soft reset the car by just staying inside. See my post here:

Yes, how exactly do you do a soft/hard reset?

Yes, how exactly do you do a soft/hard reset?
this is how he did it - You can turn off the car by putting it in park, opening the door, closing it, then locking from the fob with a single press. That will shut everything down as if you walked away.

I have over 3000 miles, and the only "glitch" has been with the face recognition inconsistency, which affects nothing, near as I can tell. I am sure others have had more as I read them here, but so far, so good. HA is great, too. (I like it a lot better than the software in my 2022 Model S. Yes, that was more capable in some sense, but it was so irritating that I soon stopped using FSD, for example.). I am no fanboy, I am simply pleasantly surprised.

With at least 3 different ways to reset/reboot the car, I'm wondering why Lucid didn't just put a reset/reboot button somewhere in the settings just to make the process easier.

With at least 3 different ways to reset/reboot the car, I'm wondering why Lucid didn't just put a reset/reboot button somewhere in the settings just to make the process easier.
Maybe in the future there will be a sequence of button pushes on the steering wheel while in park that could reset the car. I think that would be a good idea. I’ll need to reset the car maybe once every two weeks or so? It’s usually because the audio quit working. Other glitches I’ve found don’t need a reboot, like cameras not coming up, are cured by just putting the car in park and then in reverse again. And I’ve had the pilot screen navigation freeze while the glass cockpit navigation was still working, so I just ended the route and then put it in again and it fixed it.

These are all very minor inconveniences that I forget about as soon as I drive the car.

Doing a soft reboot is much easier compared to the issues I experienced over the past two years with my Acura MDX’s entertainment system and memory settings. Shadow battery drain (repeated issues for 3 months), Bluetooth and memory settings stopped working, and connect my phone via cord is trial and error. Numerous trips to my dealer and time burned as well as $$$$.

I would take a simple reboot in a heartbeat.

Once the Gravity is ready I will be making the switch.

Back