Sitting at a gas station like a fool

We haven't been to a gas station in over a year. It's wonderful. Well worth the extra planning we still need to do on long road trips.

30 minutes? I remember those days. Couldn’t wait to take delivery of our GT. Looking back, I don’t miss those long lines one bit. You won’t either. Good luck finding a place to wash the bugs off your windows, but you couldn’t do that Costco either.

My Costco has a car wash and what seems like 20 plus pumps. Lines been longer than usual, but never more than 3-5 minutes. But apparently, Costco price is no longer competitive for Az.

How much cheaper is Costco than other options (I have never been a member)? For a 30 minute wait I would hope for at least a couple bucks a gallon in savings.

If you go when they open in the morning or 30 min before they close I have never had to wait. But I’m looking forward to not going at all.
Yep, that works here, and the longest line for me is 15 minutes in SoCal.

I should have taken a photo. The line was around the building, the normal wait is like 5 minutes but I guess since this Costco was $4.69 and the other stations were mostly over $5, people go there. I should have went somewhere else but once I was online, I figured I'd stay on the line. Ever since Apple started selling iPhone, I always got on long lines expecting something amazing at the end....

I should have taken a photo. The line was around the building, the normal wait is like 5 minutes but I guess since this Costco was $4.69 and the other stations were mostly over $5, people go there. I should have went somewhere else but once I was online, I figured I'd stay on the line. Ever since Apple started selling iPhone, I always got on long lines expecting something amazing at the end....
Once in the line, you're kind of stuck. Can be difficult to break out.
Some lines can move fast, but I always seem to be in the one where people take their time doing extra stuff like focusing on the phone, instead of quick-in-and-out.

I spend my day doing service appts throughout my county in my 2018 high roof diesel sprinter van (which I love), but I get 18 mpg and diesel is over $7/gallon right now. I spent a lot of time looking into electric service vans, no good options on range atm! But I can’t waitttt for a 200+ mile van for work. I refuse to go to Costco, my time is worth more than the ~$20 I’ll save waiting in the atrocious lines here.

I spend my day doing service appts throughout my county in my 2018 high roof diesel sprinter van (which I love), but I get 18 mpg and diesel is over $7/gallon right now. I spent a lot of time looking into electric service vans, no good options on range atm! But I can’t waitttt for a 200+ mile van for work. I refuse to go to Costco, my time is worth more than the ~$20 I’ll save waiting in the atrocious lines here.
Was never this bad until the price hike. Costco also doesn't do diesel so you'll be safe.

We noticed something on our recent road trip. With the ACC set at 80 mph on the interstates, we had far fewer cars coming up on our rear than the last time we took a long interstate drive. Gas prices seem to be slowing people down a bit.

Once in the line, you're kind of stuck. Can be difficult to break out.
Some lines can move fast, but I always seem to be in the one where people take their time doing extra stuff like focusing on the phone, instead of quick-in-and-out.

The early morning fillup works for me at both the Airpark Costco and the one at the former Paradise Valley Mall (I live equidistance between them). Not much of a wait.

Folks...remember when comparing prices, etc. that one should only use top tier gas to ensure that you are getting all the detergents. Costco is but some are not.

We noticed something on our recent road trip. With the ACC set at 80 mph on the interstates, we had far fewer cars coming up on our rear than the last time we took a long interstate drive. Gas prices seem to be slowing people down a bit.

Not in Arizona. A couple of days ago I planted myself in the car pool lane (I am allowed to as I drive a qualified PHEV) and set my cruise control for 77 (translates to 74 or 9 miles over the speed limit), More cars passed me than I passed, some flew by me.

Not in Arizona. A couple of days ago I planted myself in the car pool lane (I am allowed to as I drive a qualified PHEV) and set my cruise control for 77 (translates to 74 or 9 miles over the speed limit), More cars passed me than I passed, some flew by me.

According to DOT data, 78 mph is the average speed on U.S. interstates. Setting cruise control at 74 (real speed) would probably have a good many cars coming up on your rear. And, of course, we did still have cars pass and even fly by us, too. But, for the first time since I've had the Lucid, setting the cruise control at 80 (real speed 78) caused me to move up on traffic more frequently than traffic moved up on me when using cruise control. My brother in Atlanta drives a Tesla and uses his cruise control far more regularly than I do (I kinda hate it), and he has noticed the same slight slowing in speed of surrounding traffic lately in his area.

Back