SiriusXM Megathread

My guess is that the "lifetime" was for the lifetime of the Jetta, not for your lifetime. Do you have the Terms and Conditions for the Lifetime agreement?
I don't have the Terms and Conditions and I thought they were originally meaning it was tied to a car, but this is the third time that I have transferred the Lifetime subscription, so I don't think being tied to a car is the case. I have heard other cases were people transfer their subscriptions, but in each case it was to from a Satellite subscription to another Satellite subscription. There were also cases where people were selling their lifetime subscriptions on eBay. And another person I saw in a forum, where they no longer had the vehicle, they were able to transfer it to another vehicle, since the subscription was still active on their account (it's lifetime). Sirius XM has no way of knowing that the vehicle is no longer owned by a person or possibly salvaged.

I was surprised about being able to transfer the lifetime subscription too, until the sales rep pointed out that canceling my Model 3 lifetime subscription was not a good deal, and that for $35 I could have it replace my current Lucid Satellite radio subscription. I'm using a XM Commander unit for satellite, primarily to get reception in mountainous areas that I travel – otherwise, I use the build in Radio app.

What does the Settlement provide?
The Settlement will provide Class Members with the following benefits:

1. Unlimited transfers of Active Lifetime Subscriptions from one satellite radio to another satellite radio.
  2. A transfer fee of $35 per transfer.
  3. Reactivation of Inactive Lifetime Subscriptions on a satellite radio that is not currently receiving Sirius XM’s satellite radio service or a $100 cash payment for Class Members who hold Inactive Lifetime Subscriptions and who do not elect to reactivate their Lifetime Subscriptions. In the event Class Members with Inactive Lifetime Subscriptions choose to reactivate their account, they would thereafter be entitled to transfer their reactivated Lifetime Subscriptions to another radio capable of receiving Sirius XM’s satellite radio service for an unlimited number of times provided that they pay a transfer fee to Sirius XM of $35 per transfer. A Person who chooses to reactivate an Inactive Lifetime Subscription may elect to cancel another Sirius XM paid subscription on his or her account and receive a pro rata refund of any amounts paid for future service unless such paid subscription purchase included bundled equipment.
  4. In addition to the benefits described above, Sirius XM will also make available Internet streaming access to Inactive Lifetime Subscribers who choose to reactivate their subscriptions for no additional fee to Sirius XM. Internet streaming access is already available to Active Lifetime Subscribers.
  5. The unlimited transfers described above must be done through the Sirius XM website at the following URL address: care.siriusxm.com. In the event this URL address is changed or amended, Sirius XM will first publish the new address in its Customer Agreement or provide the new address on the landing page of the Sirius XM website.
  6. Sirius XM has also agreed to pay (i) Settlement Administration Expenses, (ii) Court-approved Service Payments to the Named Plaintiffs, and (iii) Court-approved attorneys’ fee and expenses, all set forth in and limited by the maximum amounts set forth in the Settlement Agreement (where applicable). These amounts will be paid by Sirius XM and will not reduce any benefits to be paid to Class Members.

What does the Settlement provide?
The Settlement will provide Class Members with the following benefits:

1. Unlimited transfers of Active Lifetime Subscriptions from one satellite radio to another satellite radio.
  2. A transfer fee of $35 per transfer.
  3. Reactivation of Inactive Lifetime Subscriptions on a satellite radio that is not currently receiving Sirius XM’s satellite radio service or a $100 cash payment for Class Members who hold Inactive Lifetime Subscriptions and who do not elect to reactivate their Lifetime Subscriptions. In the event Class Members with Inactive Lifetime Subscriptions choose to reactivate their account, they would thereafter be entitled to transfer their reactivated Lifetime Subscriptions to another radio capable of receiving Sirius XM’s satellite radio service for an unlimited number of times provided that they pay a transfer fee to Sirius XM of $35 per transfer. A Person who chooses to reactivate an Inactive Lifetime Subscription may elect to cancel another Sirius XM paid subscription on his or her account and receive a pro rata refund of any amounts paid for future service unless such paid subscription purchase included bundled equipment.
  4. In addition to the benefits described above, Sirius XM will also make available Internet streaming access to Inactive Lifetime Subscribers who choose to reactivate their subscriptions for no additional fee to Sirius XM. Internet streaming access is already available to Active Lifetime Subscribers.
  5. The unlimited transfers described above must be done through the Sirius XM website at the following URL address: care.siriusxm.com. In the event this URL address is changed or amended, Sirius XM will first publish the new address in its Customer Agreement or provide the new address on the landing page of the Sirius XM website.
  6. Sirius XM has also agreed to pay (i) Settlement Administration Expenses, (ii) Court-approved Service Payments to the Named Plaintiffs, and (iii) Court-approved attorneys’ fee and expenses, all set forth in and limited by the maximum amounts set forth in the Settlement Agreement (where applicable). These amounts will be paid by Sirius XM and will not reduce any benefits to be paid to Class Members.
Problem is, our car does not have a satellite radio. It’s via the streaming service, which doesn’t seem to be covered under that settlement verbiage.

if anyone is interested, check this out. not sure if this offer applies here, but throwing it out since sirius is a big deal to the lucid community
I think you may be able to "snag" this if you don't have a subscription yet or yours has expired. I tried (in vain) to add this to my existing subscriptions, but could not.

I think you may be able to "snag" this if you don't have a subscription yet or yours has expired. I tried (in vain) to add this to my existing subscriptions, but could not.
someone in the comments mentioned cancelling existing plan and signing up again for the offer without an issue when a similar offer came up in the past. but as usual, YMMV

Just tried this offer. I am currently not a active subscription since .I did not renew after the trial.

However, Sirius is saying "Sorry, your radio is not eligible for that offer. But, we found another great offer for you!!!"

So they offered me $5/month but only for 12 months instead. That is the same offer that they have been sending me thru mail and emails.

SO no go on this $3/month for 3 years ...which is an awesome deal.

Just tried this offer. I am currently not a active subscription since .I did not renew after the trial.

However, Sirius is saying "Sorry, your radio is not eligible for that offer. But, we found another great offer for you!!!"

So they offered me $5/month but only for 12 months instead. That is the same offer that they have been sending me thru mail and emails.

Just saw the comments section on the doctorofcredit website....Apparently, this $3/month for 36months offer is only for vehicles made 2015 for earlier. So no go for our Lucids :-(

Just call them in month 10 or 11 and say that you want to cancel. They will offer different deals but eventually give you $5/month again.

Just saw the comments section on the doctorofcredit website....Apparently, this $3/month for 36months offer is only for vehicles made 2015 for earlier. So no go for our Lucids :-(
interesting, that's a good detail to know. those comments weren't available when i looked through the thread. hopefully they pin it or add it to the post cuz that's a major disclaimer

but apparently, someone managed to get an even better deal, still $3/month, but for 5 years instead of 3. here's the post
but at this point, it may be too much work for too little payoff. what's an extra $2/month 😂

Back