Significant Safety Issue

Nittany72

Cars
Lucid
On third day of driving our new Lucid we encountered a very significant safety issue. After my wife got in the front passenger seat the door would not close completely. The door was ajar and would not ope or close. We tried to use the door safety release but it did not work. My wife had to climb over the center console and exit through the drive door.

Not that as a first time poster I don't trust you, but I'd like to verify.
Can you post any pic/vid of the malfunction?

On third day of driving our new Lucid we encountered a very significant safety issue. After my wife got in the front passenger seat the door would not close completely. The door was ajar and would not ope or close. We tried to use the door safety release but it did not work. My wife had to climb over the center console and exit through the drive door.
You need to use the mechanical function of the door to open it. From the inside, pull really hard. This should open the door and subsequently fix the issue. This happened to me the first week as well, but I contacted service and they immediately told me how to fix it. It has never happened again in the 7+ months I've been driving it.

I did contact service and was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes. After my wife climbed out of the seat I got in it and pulled back on the release as hard as I could. No success

My car had a similar issue the first day, but pulling hard on the interior release opened the door. Slamming the door closed it successfully. The problem went away the next day.

I did contact service and was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes. After my wife climbed out of the seat I got in it and pulled back on the release as hard as I could. No success
If you still can’t get it open or closed it may be a misalignment. My soft close door malfunctioned and couldn’t be opened from the outside unless you lifted up very firmly on the door handle to the point where it feels line you’re lifting the door itself up (it fixed itself after I parked it on a steep hill). Service should still take a look at it and adjust the latch mechanism but this may be a temporary fix.

I’m guessing you might be onto the problem. The day before we had an issue with the soft close Hope to have a technician out to house tomorrow

I had a soft close door problem as well. Driver door kept trying to latch unsuccessfully. Slamming it worked temporarily. The hard pull technique was t published at that time. A tech came out and adjusted the latch which has fixed the problem to date.

If I understand it correctly, the windows are acoustically insulated glass. Good luck breaking those with the usual tools. Maybe a hand grenade or tactical nuclear weapon will do the job.

AAA regarding vehicle escape tools.
Finding out what type of glass side windows are made of is easy. Drivers should check for a label located in the bottom corner of the side window, which should clearly indicate whether the glass is tempered or laminated.
Anyone know which one is tempered in Lucid?

Problem fixed. Pinched weather stripping in door replaced. Still worrisome that safety door release failed.
Agreed. Did you ask them if they could confirm the safety release was functioning properly? Did the pinched stripping cause that to fail, or are your inside door handles somehow defective?

I don’t understand how that happened because the door safety release is connected to the door’s lock directly through a steal wire.

I’m having issues with both passenger doors not presenting handles Occasionally. They also swing open when the doors are unlocked. Very annoying. Unlock my car, then have to go and close the passenger doors before I can drive. Going to be another 2 weeks before mobile service can come to do it. Also have a brake light malfunction problem that CC knows about, a part has been ordered a couple of weeks ago that should be fixed in another 3 weeks as well. With more cars on the road, the timelines for service are slipping.

I’m having issues with both passenger doors not presenting handles Occasionally. They also swing open when the doors are unlocked. Very annoying. Unlock my car, then have to go and close the passenger doors before I can drive. Going to be another 2 weeks before mobile service can come to do it. Also have a brake light malfunction problem that CC knows about, a part has been ordered a couple of weeks ago that should be fixed in another 3 weeks as well. With more cars on the road, the timelines for service are slipping.
Wait, what do you mean they swing open?

Wait, what do you mean they swing open?
They swing open as they would if you are getting into the car. Not just cracked. Wide open.

Back