Sharing An Observation or Coincidence: High Power Charging At Electrify America Causing Bugs or issues in the Car

EVSRCali

Verified Owner
DE Number
Have owned the Air Touring 3 months now and driven about 3000 miles. Had a green turtle once and today the bottom right and upper right pilot screens went blank after a high power charging session.
1) Home slow charging with the provided mobile charger and 240V plug, never had a problem. And appears gives more miles per kwh. Could be coincidental.
2) First time charged at 350 kw Super fast chargers at Electrify America got a Turtle message after charging session completed, and had a peak of 183 Kw while charging, which went away next morning. Never appeared again even while charging at the 350KW BTC chargers of Electrify America but always got lower peak charging rates of about 130 Kw all things being equal i.e SOC at start of charging session etc.
3) Today charged at the 350 kw Super fast chargers and got the peak charging rate of 184kw after a long time (like 5 weeks) at the EA BTC charger. Drove find for like 30 miles, and the upper right and bottom pilot screen went black. Came home and did the reset of key fob away for 20 minutes and the screens came back again.

All in all whenever there has been a non-issue issue i.e temporary coincidentally it was followed by a charging session at EA. When charging at the ABB chargers there was never an issue. Have experienced the yo-yo charging of charging peak power going up and down before stabilizing on the Signet and BTC chargers of EA.

Conclusion is there are software communication and compatibility issues with the Signet and BTC EA chargers with Lucid Air, and they either overheat the car or the battery system, or the software causes some memory leak processes to run on the car computers which get fixed by a restart.

For a one week period, i only charged overnight at home and never an issue, and coincidentally all things like weather and driving conditions remaining the same, got a higher miles per kw.

Sharing these observations and curious if others have observed the same, and hopefully someone from Lucid at this forum is reading the post, and can have a deeper dive by engineering to look into the observations.

Thanks.

Have owned the Air Touring 3 months now and driven about 3000 miles. Had a green turtle once and today the bottom right and upper right pilot screens went blank after a high power charging session.
1) Home slow charging with the provided mobile charger and 240V plug, never had a problem. And appears gives more miles per kwh. Could be coincidental.
2) First time charged at 350 kw Super fast chargers at Electrify America got a Turtle message after charging session completed, and had a peak of 183 Kw while charging, which went away next morning. Never appeared again even while charging at the 350KW BTC chargers of Electrify America but always got lower peak charging rates of about 130 Kw all things being equal i.e SOC at start of charging session etc.
3) Today charged at the 350 kw Super fast chargers and got the peak charging rate of 184kw after a long time (like 5 weeks) at the EA BTC charger. Drove find for like 30 miles, and the upper right and bottom pilot screen went black. Came home and did the reset of key fob away for 20 minutes and the screens came back again.

All in all whenever there has been a non-issue issue i.e temporary coincidentally it was followed by a charging session at EA. When charging at the ABB chargers there was never an issue. Have experienced the yo-yo charging of charging peak power going up and down before stabilizing on the Signet and BTC chargers of EA.

Conclusion is there are software communication and compatibility issues with the Signet and BTC EA chargers with Lucid Air, and they either overheat the car or the battery system, or the software causes some memory leak processes to run on the car computers which get fixed by a restart.

For a one week period, i only charged overnight at home and never an issue, and coincidentally all things like weather and driving conditions remaining the same, got a higher miles per kw.

Sharing these observations and curious if others have observed the same, and hopefully someone from Lucid at this forum is reading the post, and can have a deeper dive by engineering to look into the observations.

Thanks.
Interesting that you mention this. I have not used EA for charging for 9 months until last week. Charged for only 20 minutes twice and had 2 instances where top right cockpit panel and pilot panel went blank and had to do valet card reset. I informed CS but did not correlate it to the EA charging. Maybe just a coincidence?

Back