Settings for Significantly Improved PAAK Experience for Android (Lucid Air)

MacBain00

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Sep 25, 2024
Messages
186
Reaction score
157
Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2025
Referral Code
GXNDSHGL
I've probably posted on this forum several times about my poor PAAK experience on my Pixel 8 Pro and I've been trying to figure out what I can do to improve the experience. The feature worked maybe 1 out of every 20 times without having to take my phone out of my pocket to unlock it or open the app. Passive entry on my car has been disabled since Day 4 of ownership.

One of the things I noticed when trying to troubleshoot this issue was the failed bluetooth connection between the car & the phone. This led me down the path of thinking this was related to a quiet crash on the Pixel or Lucid, so I started adjusting Bluetooth connection settings on my phone to try and improve stability. After making some adjustments, my experience has been completely flipped, and the feature works 18/19 out of 20 times. It's a completely night and day experience.

I privately shared this information with @lucidtouringman who has had similar experiences and was vocal about it in another thread. He has had similar success and I quote "my PAAK is substantiallly better...! I'd say it has worked about 95% of the times now" & "I even asked my wife if she thinks my mobile phone acts better as a PPAK and she said she has definitely noticed a difference with me not carrying my key fob anymore and using the cell phone."

Below is what I recommended, and I hope this helps improve others in similar situation:
  • Start fresh. Delete all the lucid Bluetooth connections from my phone (there should be 2) and deleted the mobile key. I went through the entire setup process again.
  • Developer Options -> Check Bluetooth AVRCP Version (mine was set to 1.6. I changed it to 1.5)
  • Developer Options -> Check MAP Version (mine was set to 1.3. I changed it 1.2)
    ^for the above 2, I know these are audio related. But my working theory is the Bluetooth connection between the phone and car are getting corrupted/disabled. My hope was making sure there is a stable Bluetooth radio.

Some other experience suggestions:
-For the situations where the issue reappears and have no responsiveness, I started cycling the Bluetooth on/off on my phone. As soon as I do that, the door responds to push again.
-I've gotten into the habit of doing a weekly restart on the car for the better part of 1 year now. This has improved the general issues that I deal with and essentially a preventative step for me. I'm looking forward to the day I don't have to do a Windows-esque reboot of this car 😆.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for experimenting and sharing!
 
Great helpful post and I've benefit a lot from these changes. Not carrying my key fob anymore. Thanks to @MacBain00
 
Back
Top