Set up a second profile with mobile app

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Hi All:
I'd like to set my wife up on the mobile app on HER phone. I have me set up on my phone.

How do I set up the mobile app on her phone? -- for example, how does she set up her account and link it to my car?

Thanks!

Hi All:
I'd like to set my wife up on the mobile app on HER phone. I have me set up on my phone.

How do I set up the mobile app on her phone? -- for example, how does she set up her account and link it to my car?

Thanks!
She'll use your Lucid account on her phone.
@Bobby this might be useful to add to your FAQ. I had the same question when I got my GT.

It would be nice to be able to se tup a secondary user account for the car. There are things that can only be set by the primary account user. Easy entry can only be set on the primary user, but will be on or off for both people. I'm sure there are other things as well.

It would be nice to be able to se tup a secondary user account for the car. There are things that can only be set by the primary account user. Easy entry can only be set on the primary user, but will be on or off for both people. I'm sure there are other things as well.
The car can have multiple user profiles set up
Multiple mobile keys can be set up
Only one Lucid account per car as of now, common to all phone app users for the car.

The car can have multiple user profiles set up
Multiple mobile keys can be set up
Only one Lucid account per car as of now, common to all phone app users for the car.
Correct. I'm just saying that some car options are linked to the Lucid account rather than the user profile. Mobile keys and music work with the user profile. But easy entry works with the account. So if you don't want Easy Entry on, but your wife doesn't, it isn't possible because there's only one account.

And the most basic one -- what if she gets logged out? I guess I need to change the login and password to something common ...

Thanks everyone -- this helps me understand how to complete the set up!

And the most basic one -- what if she gets logged out? I guess I need to change the login and password to something common ...

Thanks everyone -- this helps me understand how to complete the set up!
The app is using the account you ordered the car with. If it were me, I'd change it online and make sure that was okay before you change the app.

Once I set up the Mobile key using the App, Do I have to keep the app logged in, Can I log out of the app on the second phone and leave the app as is and will the mobile key still work?

Once I set up the Mobile key using the App, Do I have to keep the app logged in, Can I log out of the app on the second phone and leave the app as is and will the mobile key still work?
That depends on the phone you have. If it's Android, then yes. My Lucid app is always open in the background. If it's iPhone, I don't think you have to.

That depends on the phone you have. If it's Android, then yes. My Lucid app is always open in the background. If it's iPhone, I don't think you have to.
thank you. Let me see, This is the steps I am taking
1) Log into a second phone using lucid app
2) register this phone with the car and different profile
3) Log off the Lucid Account in the app and leave the app running in the back ground .
Will the Second phone work as phone key still?

thank you. Let me see, This is the steps I am taking
1) Log into a second phone using lucid app
2) register this phone with the car and different profile
3) Log off the Lucid Account in the app and leave the app running in the back ground .
Will the Second phone work as phone key still?
Do not log off the account in the app, but do keep it running in the background. It should work.

Back