Service Follow Up

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
I had my GT in for service at Scottsdale the week of June 13 to 17. There were four issues that they were looking at five issues:
- False Shock and Tilt alarms
- Unexpected frunk opening
- Left and Center cockpit panel blank screens
- Right cockpit panel and pilot panel blank screens
- Drive system malfunction - orange triangle and low torque

During service Lucid flew four engineers out to Scottsdale to troubleshoot my car. After service I was told that the shock and tilt bug had been found and a software update was planned. This fix was included on 1.2.75. Based on the release notes the drive system malfunction was also fixed in 1.2.75. Other issues were checked but but not duplicated or resolved.

The Scottsdale service team called me today and told me that the engineers were still reviewing my open cases and the data logs from June and want to replace a couple of modules. I have scheduled this work for the week of Aug 8 while I am on vacation. I was pleasantly surprised that they were still following up on the screen and frunk issues. It tells me that Lucid is very interested in solving all of the software and hardware issues that many of us are seeing.

That is exciting, thanks for sharing.

I had my GT in for service at Scottsdale the week of June 13 to 17. There were four issues that they were looking at five issues:
- False Shock and Tilt alarms
- Unexpected frunk opening
- Left and Center cockpit panel blank screens
- Right cockpit panel and pilot panel blank screens
- Drive system malfunction - orange triangle and low torque

During service Lucid flew four engineers out to Scottsdale to troubleshoot my car. After service I was told that the shock and tilt bug had been found and a software update was planned. This fix was included on 1.2.75. Based on the release notes the drive system malfunction was also fixed in 1.2.75. Other issues were checked but but not duplicated or resolved.

The Scottsdale service team called me today and told me that the engineers were still reviewing my open cases and the data logs from June and want to replace a couple of modules. I have scheduled this work for the week of Aug 8 while I am on vacation. I was pleasantly surprised that they were still following up on the screen and frunk issues. It tells me that Lucid is very interested in solving all of the software and hardware issues that many of us are seeing.
What’s nature of the frunk issue?

What’s nature of the frunk issue?
The frunk openned as I was switching between drive and reverse to park my car with no input asking it to open. The safety mechanism should not allow it to open unless the car is in park. There is also a 2mph safety limit on it opening. They checked all the safety systems and they were working fine when checked. The incident has not occurred again. There is a thread on this here - https://lucidowners.com/threads/unexpected-frunk-opening.1600/

I dropped my car off today for service since I will be out of town next week. It seems that whenever I go on vacation I leave the car with service so I don't need to decide to plug it in or just leave sit.

The long story is that 5 weeks ago I left my car with service while on vacation. During that time, Lucid sent 4 engineers to trouble shoot my car. Most of the focus was on the shock and tilt false alarms where they identified the root cause and sent out a patch. They also worked on the drive system low torque malfunction that was patched. That root cause needed data from multiple cars to solve. I do I hope that I helped with that.

I have also had some occasional blank display issues that were looked at five weeks ago. All three cockpit panel screens as well as the more common right cockpit and pilot panel issues. I thought that these issues were written off as software but the service center called last Friday and ask me to bring my car in so that they could replace a communication module and cable. This was based on the data logs that were pulled 5 weeks ago and the engineers determined that there was a hardware issue in addition to the software issues. I am amazed in a pleasant way that Lucid was still working on my concern. I really believe that Lucid wants to get to the bottom of all customer issues to improve the overall product. The interesting part is that the Scottsdale service team has never replaced this module and do not know if it is a two or three day job. They have the car all week so it does not matter to me. I hope that the blank display issues are resolved with this fix.

Since my steering wheel is starting to creak, I asked about this and the current fix is temporary (felt spacers). Lucid is still working on a permanent fix. Since mine is very minor right now I asked them to put me on the list for a permanent fix but not to do anything right now.

Back