Serious problem… does anyone have a coffee/travel mug that actually fits the cup holder

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Any Recs on a cup/mug that fits the front cup holders? Why on earth did they make it so small.

Try the Lucid one that came with your car. No, wait it doesn't fit!!

Any Recs on a cup/mug that fits the front cup holders? Why on earth did they make it so small.
There are a lot of those thinner aluminum/SS tumblers that fit just fine.

There are a lot of those thinner aluminum/SS tumblers that fit just fine.

Is there a shorter one that fits? I don’t want one that’s a foot tall I appreciate the gift and the tumbler but something smaller would be better

Is there a shorter one that fits? I don’t want one that’s a foot tall I appreciate the gift and the tumbler but something smaller would be better
Vacuum Insulated Coffee Mug Spill Proof with Stainless Steel Travel Mugs Gift for Women Men 16 Oz https://a.co/d/2qHHrbg

The opening is 3" across

Don’t have my AGT to test it yet, but I’m pretty sure these will fit and they are very good at temp retention.

Zojirushi SM-SA60BA Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug, 1 Count (Pack of 1), Black​

Just get any of them with flip top lid and put it behind the pilot panel. Easily holds that plus large water bottle. It is comical how inadequate the cup holders are but let’s just pretend it was on purpose as a way to fight pleasantly plump Americans super-sizing everything. Weight interferes with EV efficiency after all…

Try the Lucid one that came with your car. No, wait it doesn't fit!!
A little tight but the Lucid bottle fits. Regardless, the cup holders are small. I should also mention that the pull down cover on the console is sometimes difficult to grab when it's pushed up open all the way since the top console door overlaps it.

Just go buy some of these
_57-jpg.1714929392

I remember one of the "issues" I read about in an early review was that the cup holders are up next to the flip down tablet screen (Pilot Panel?) and that when you have a large cup there it blocks your ability to get to the controls at the bottom of the screen. Ergonomics for the win.

I remember one of the "issues" I read about in an early review was that the cup holders are up next to the flip down tablet screen (Pilot Panel?) and that when you have a large cup there it blocks your ability to get to the controls at the bottom of the screen. Ergonomics for the win.
It's true, but I don't often find myself needing to access that part of the screen.

Single-sized cup holders is so 10 years ago. Why not design it with built-in expanders/contractors.

Back