Selection of "Extended" Napa Leather in Grand Touring vs. Just Napa Leather in Touring?

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I was looking at the Lucid model comparison chart today and the Grand Touring shows "Selection of Extended Napa Leather Full-Grain leather interiors" vs. the Touring which has "Selection of Napa Leather Full-Grain and Premium Natural Grain leather interiors".

Any idea what the "extended" is referring to?

I was looking at the Lucid model comparison chart today and the Grand Touring shows "Selection of Extended Napa Leather Full-Grain leather interiors" vs. the Touring which has "Selection of Napa Leather Full-Grain and Premium Natural Grain leather interiors".

Any idea what the "extended" is referring to?
Not sure. But my guess would be that a higher percentage of the leather surfaces on the GT are true Nappa leather, as opposed to just Full-Grain or Premium Natual Grain. Nappa is more expensive, and more durable, supple, etc. Likely the steering wheel, for instance, would be Nappa on both. But maybe only a portion of the seat leather on the Touring. And so on.

Every carmaker has its own unique terms. I remember when automatic transmissions first came out...Chevrolet, Ford, etc. all had their own terms for it. My guess is that the regular only covers the seats and maybe the dash while the extended will cover the lower portions as well. But that is a guess.

Back