Screen cleaning

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
What do you use to clean your screens? The manual seems to imply screen cleaning cloth and no type of screen cleaning fluid. I'm skeptical that will work and have enough fingerprints that it's time...

Thx in advance!

What do you use to clean your screens? The manual seems to imply screen cleaning cloth and no type of screen cleaning fluid. I'm skeptical that will work and have enough fingerprints that it's time...

Thx in advance!
I always use a screen cleaning cloth (there should be one in your glove box). Never use any sort of glass cleaner on a touch screen. If absolutely necessary, some water may be okay for getting off any dirt that may accidentally get on there. But fingerprints should wipe off just fine with the cloth. Unless you’re eating Cheetos while driving.

I use a glass cleaner sprayed onto a micro fiber cloth. From the manual:

"Use an alcohol-based commercial glass
cleaner and a soft cloth (such as microfiber)
to clean any glass or mirrored surfaces."

Probably best to use a glass cleaner that says it is safe for tints (contains no ammonia).

Touch screens tend to have an oleophobic coating, in order to reduce fingerprints. (Believe it or not, fingerprints would be much worse without it.) So you don't want to use anything that will break that coating down.

Back