Saw the Touring Up Close

julianevjourney

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Today I swung by the Beverly Hills studio to take a look at the Touring. I told my SA I wanted to see the 20” wheels up close before I finalized my order. Seeing the car in-person was exactly what I needed. I really liked the wheels and the interior even though it’s not the level of the GT it still felt luxurious. Also, I must say, what a difference 3 inches makes. I sat in the rear and to me it was more comfortable than the GT. I asked the Studio Advisor there how much horsepower you would have in Smooth mode and he said around 80% of the 620. He also confirmed that since I want Mojave it won’t be until 1st quarter next year. The one they had on display was Cosmos Silver and that color looked great in-person.

446857E3-A6CD-4BAE-AA42-EBA8DFC83253.jpeg
C87A3DD9-B810-44C9-803B-7F2C6E14B6F7.jpeg

Thank you for the photos! Thats the exact color and wheels I have ordered. Glad to hear you think the interior is still luxurious. Did you see the Pure as well? I recently upgraded to the Touring and after I saw the interior of the Pure I was less impressed with the interior so I'm glad I upgraded. What were your thoughts on the Pure interior if you saw it?

Today I swung by the Beverly Hills studio to take a look at the Touring. I told my SA I wanted to see the 20” wheels up close before I finalized my order. Seeing the car in-person was exactly what I needed. I really liked the wheels and the interior even though it’s not the level of the GT it still felt luxurious. Also, I must say, what a difference 3 inches makes. I sat in the rear and to me it was more comfortable than the GT. I asked the Studio Advisor there how much horsepower you would have in Smooth mode and he said around 80% of the 620. He also confirmed that since I want Mojave it won’t be until 1st quarter next year. The one they had on display was Cosmos Silver and that color looked great in-person.

View attachment 6802View attachment 6803
So if smooth is giving 80% of 620, it's safe to assume swift will be at 90%?

Thank you for the photos! Thats the exact color and wheels I have ordered. Glad to hear you think the interior is still luxurious. Did you see the Pure as well? I recently upgraded to the Touring and after I saw the interior of the Pure I was less impressed with the interior so I'm glad I upgraded. What were your thoughts on the Pure interior if you saw it?
This is LA Auto week this week and at the time I went to the studio the Pure and Sapphire were on display at LA Auto week. I’m going again to the BH studio with my wife this Saturday and they should have all variants on display so I might see it then.

This is LA Auto week this week and at the time I went to the studio the Pure and Sapphire were on display at LA Auto week. I’m going again to the BH studio with my wife this Saturday and they should have all variants on display so I might see it then.

I hope they have it then. More curious than anything. I am beyond ready to receive my Touring!

So if smooth is giving 80% of 620, it's safe to assume swift will be at 90%?
Obviously I’m not a GT owner so I don’t know this for sure but if I remember correctly I think in the GT Smooth and Swift have the same horsepower. Swift just makes the drive a little sportier so the acceleration curve is quicker and the handling is different. Assuming that’s the case I would assume the Touring is the same but I didn’t ask about that specifically.

Looks like Lucid will be at the LA Auto Show this year so could be a good opportunity for more brand recognition and reservations \ sales.

Looks like Lucid will be at the LA Auto Show this year so could be a good opportunity for more brand recognition and reservations \ sales.
Yeah when I was at the studio the Pure and Sapphire weren’t there because they were at the LA Auto Show.

Yeah when I was at the studio the Pure and Sapphire weren’t there because they were at the LA Auto Show.
If Lucid was at the LA Auto Show they didn’t a really poor job of being found. Couldn’t find them anywhere.

If Lucid was at the LA Auto Show they didn’t a really poor job of being found. Couldn’t find them anywhere.
I saw this tweet from them last week. I didn’t actually go to the LA Auto Show but I assumed from this tweet and from what the SA told me at the Beverly Hills studio they were there. Sounds like unfortunately they weren’t visible though.

For the Phoenix Auto Show, I was told Lucid wasn’t present.
Kind of a surprise for the local pride not participating.

Back