Savini Wheels on a Lucid

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
1651065458375.png
1651065473288.png

Last edited:
I know I am the minority but I can't wait to get some custom wheels put on my agt as soon as it gets delivered (hopefully measured in hours not days). These wouldn't be my first choice but a step in the right direction for sure.

I know I am the minority but I can't wait to get some custom wheels put on my agt as soon as it gets delivered (hopefully measured in hours not days). These wouldn't be my first choice but a step in the right direction for sure.
Let us know what you end up with! I am starting to look at new wheels as well.

Whoa. These look better than I thought they would.

If anyone is interested: Savini Wheels SL1 custom all black will run you about $7,000 for the set. So really not bad at all.

are these considered "aero" wheels?

are these considered "aero" wheels?

There is limited description but the emphasis seems to be on the custom cut of them and that they are "rim centric". Nothing explicitly saying aero or talking about how they move in the wind.

Nice looking rims. Were it me (personally), I'd get the Blades as they look nicer. But......my opinion only.

Nice looking rims. Were it me (personally), I'd get the Blades as they look nicer. But......my opinion only.
I've had a thing for dark colored wheels ever since my first race car. I still think the aero blades look better, but this is getting close...

There is limited description but the emphasis seems to be on the custom cut of them and that they are "rim centric". Nothing explicitly saying aero or talking about how they move in the wind.
I've been looking for good aftermarket aero wheels and frankly there aren't many. I think there'd be a great market for them actually, especially if they're well designed and built. I'm halfway tempted to make a kickstarter for some...

I've been looking for good aftermarket aero wheels and frankly there aren't many. I think there'd be a great market for them actually, especially if they're well designed and built. I'm halfway tempted to make a kickstarter for some...
There was that one company @hmp10 spoke with...I forgot this was a long time ago

Found it:

If you are interested in selling your OEM wheels, please contact me

The New Aero

Not sure if they ever got the chance to test them on a Lucid, but I believe the owner is/was on this forum

I contacted The New Aero to ask. They said their 21" wheels have been confirmed to fit the Lucid Air.

I like the looks of those wheels and like that they are directional, with the vanes on each side oriented the same way, unlike the Lucid. But they are heavy for forged wheels (~35 pounds), and I would like to know what the 21" Lucid Dream wheels weigh before considering a change.

I contacted The New Aero to ask. They said their 21" wheels have been confirmed to fit the Lucid Air.

I like the looks of those wheels and like that they are directional, with the vanes on each side oriented the same way, unlike the Lucid. But they are heavy for forged wheels (~35 pounds), and I would like to know what the 21" Lucid Dream wheels weigh before considering a change.
Let us know when you find out the OEM wheel weight. I'm interested in possible getting the New Aeros as well.

Let us know when you find out the OEM wheel weight. I'm interested in possible getting the New Aeros as well.

I don't know that I ever will. I asked several times last fall and never got an answer. A poster on one of the forums who was changing wheels was going to weigh the 21", but he/she never reported back.

I don't know that I ever will. I asked several times last fall and never got an answer. A poster on one of the forums who was changing wheels was going to weigh the 21", but he/she never reported back.
Tesla 21" Turnine wheels look to be approx. 30 lbs

Back