RESOLVED Right Lower Touchscreen Not Working. Can’t Access Major Functions

Miami

I gave up waiting on my Pure to be delivered and just purchased a Grand Touring with less than 3,000 miles on Friday, ie three days ago. My initial impression was very good, and I even told my wife that the car was far less buggy than I expected.

Sadly, I spoke far too soon. While driving the car today, I tried unsuccessfully getting to the seats menu. Since then, the main car interface (the one used to change driving modes, mirror settings, trunk opening, etc.) doesn’t work. In fact, sometimes the mirror button makes the passenger seat move forward and back, which would be funny if it weren’t happening to me. Other times pressing the glovebox button directs me to set a nightly charging schedule. Most buttons don’t do anything at all. That whole screen is basically unusable, which is a major loss of functionality.

I called Lucid Care, and they tried resetting the system, but this didn’t work. To make matters worse, they won’t schedule service unless I am the Lucid account holder. I sent Lucid the Bill of Sale and new registration showing I’m the new owner, but it can take 5 days to switch me over as the owner, and I was told there’s no way to expedite this even with my issues. I’m not sure I should even drive the car until it’s fixed, and I have no idea when it might be fixed.

Do others on the forum think I should still drive it?

On your upper right scree panel. You would see a your name —> Click on it —> switch to Guest profile —> wait for the profile to load —> Switch back to your profile and wait for it load. Let us know if it fixes the right pilot screen

Holy sh*t. It worked!! Thanks! Lucid Care should instruct people to do this!
Honestly, it’s probably easier and faster to ask questions like that here than it is to call customer service.

I was in a similar situation regarding the transfer of ownership. I was told 5 days also. Sent them the info on Friday afternoon and it was completed on Monday afternoon. Hope they turn that around for you quickly. If you are behind on updates, make sure to call them to get that process started. I was 26 versions behind and it took them 3 days to get that started.

I was wondering if the touchscreen is not very responsive upper or lower. At times I click on things and it works. At other times it take up to three touches in order to get it to work. Is this normal???

I was wondering if the touchscreen is not very responsive upper or lower. At times I click on things and it works. At other times it take up to three touches in order to get it to work. Is this normal???
No. Try bobby reset also.

Back