RESOLVED Frunk won’t open since cold weather started

How long ago were your latches replaced, like what version? They’re on 8 now. Mine is MUCH better, closes very smoothly.

Same issue with my frunk.
Going up/down/up down several times.
Once i tried to be quicker than the frunk putting my fingers in between the lid and the car...well ended up with few bruised fingertips turning deep blue plus few curses.
Wifey laughed, stating the obvious, don't insert your fingers where they don't belong.

I'm getting my car back the end of the next week (hopefully), I'll report if the issue was fixed.

Is there a way to check version. My closes abruptly. Also, right side closes ahead of left one sometimes.

Reviving this thread..

How many of you use your frunk on a regular basis?

I've had my Frunk realigned and latch replaced. A few months ago.

The issue is back and when I open and close the frunk, it shows it didn't close properly. Technician is coming out again.

But this is definitely an ongoing problem.

Reviving this thread..

The issue is back and when I open and close the frunk, it shows it didn't close properly. Technician is coming out again.

One fix for me and haven’t recurred the issue. I think I use frunk 80% of time, 20% of time trunk.

Most of our use "around town" is the trunk with the seats down (to carry a road bicycle). But when traveling, much of the luggage goes in the frunk. We did have the frunk latch realigned as a part of the post-body shop vehicle return to us, since then we've not had problems with it opening & closing completely (which we did prior to the realignment). We missed winter with the car this year, due to a combo of VA not having a winter and the car being in the body shop for the 4 months of "winter". We do know that in wet conditions, opening the frunk dumps a lot of water into the frunk (and I suspect we'll see similar with the trunk too).

Reviving this thread..

Same here. While HV battery replacement i asked them to repair the frunk failure to open (trying to go up, quitting, going up and quitting again).
Now, the frunk opens up and closed with a visible misalingment, left closes first then the right one follows.
The pisser is that while it is visibly closed i can't drive the car because the front screen shows the frunk is still open.

Same here. While HV battery replacement i asked them to repair the frunk failure to open (trying to go up, quitting, going up and quitting again).
Now, the frunk opens up and closed with a visible misalingment, left closes first then the right one follows.
The pisser is that while it is visibly closed i can't drive the car because the front screen shows the frunk is still open.
Yeah, the solution is to rest your hand on the latch and give it a little pressure as it latches. And that's what I'm doing until the technician comes

I get that issue with the rear trunk... It opens 3 to 4 inches, stops. Press the button again goes up 3 to 4 inches and stops... Finally makes it to the top and then i push to close and it wont. Have to manually close it. They replaced the latch and claimed software bug. This is using the open/close button on the trunk. If i open from the panel, it goes up and down. Getting annoying.

For the frunk complaining that it is still opening, they just replaced the front left latch as it wasn't pulling the hood all the way down. Been only 3 days so far... so far so good.

I get that issue with the rear trunk... It opens 3 to 4 inches, stops. Press the button again goes up 3 to 4 inches and stops... Finally makes it to the top and then i push to close and it wont. Have to manually close it. They replaced the latch and claimed software bug. This is using the open/close button on the trunk. If i open from the panel, it goes up and down. Getting annoying.

This is NOT a SW bug.

Take it back in, and tell the service people to fix it.

This is NOT a SW bug.

Take it back in, and tell the service people to fix it.
Ugh.... Thanks!!! Frustrating! I'll give them another ring to schedule another appointment. Their corrections were:

" replaced decklid struts and latch. Issue is intermittently present. Related to SW bug. Will be fixed in future update."

Yeah, the solution is to rest your hand on the latch and give it a little pressure as it latches. And that's what I'm doing until the technician comes
Update.. Technician came out, realigned it. Left.

One day later, still same problem.
He told me that there is a whole new front piece that Lucid made to deal with this and people like me where the frunk refuses to be fixed, is eligible. So I have to schedule with Seattle location and send my car in again to get that whole front part replaced.

Back