[RESOLVED] Does Lucid Air have a Center Side Airbag?

I searched and I didn't see this being discussed.

I read in the Lucid Owners Manual that a Center Side Airbag is going to be coming to Lucid Air models.

Has anyone noticed a "Center Side Airbag" in their car?

A Center Side Airbag is basically an airbag that inflates between the front driver and the front passenger. The airbag basically comes out of the driver's seat and takes up the place above the center console between the front driver and front passenger's torso and head area.

This is an important technology, especially in side impacts. Regarding the roll-over incident involving Tiger Woods in Palos Verdes, California, the center side airbag might deserve credit for his survival. The center side airbag has been proven to significantly reduce injuries, concussions, and death in rollovers and severe side collisions. While a Lucid Air is not likely to roll over (due to the mass in the floor) the reduction of death and injury is advantageous in a side collision.

I would be a very pleased reservation holder if my vehicle comes with a center side airbag. Now if only they'll be sure to add the Heat Pump soon! I applaud Lucid for integrating this into their vehicles!

Yes, it has one. It can be seen in the Euro NCAP test segment that starts after the one minute mark in this video:

Can we just note how euro spec lucids have the logo above the rear lightbar?

Yes, it has one. It can be seen in the Euro NCAP test segment that starts after the one minute mark in this video:
Yes, but USA cars don't seem to have this. At least according to the sales professional I spoke with that the Lucid studio - whom I didn't seem that confident on based on his lack of knowledge of what a center side airbag even was. He was arguing that there's no such airbag in any car that inflates between the front passenger and driver. Hence why I thought it'd be wise to see if anyone on the forum knew any better (hopefully not from an accident experience).

The center side airbag doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Lucid Owners Manual neither.

He was arguing that there's no such airbag in any car that inflates between the front passenger and driver.
Like this:

Apparently one can't link to the exact page. But go here and then click on "8 standard air bags" and you will see the center air bag.

Like this:

Apparently one can't link to the exact page. But go here and then click on "8 standard air bags" and you will see the center air bag.

Wow, @Steveinarizona, is there anything the Lucid can do that the Genesis GV60 can’t? Not seeing it.

Like this:

I actually informed him that the European versions seem to have it - citing the NCAP video. I guess I should've just pulled up the NCAP video on my phone and showed it to him, that would've probably shown him what I meant by "center side airbag." The salesperson was right about one thing, the name "center side" is an oxymoron, how can it be both a side airbag and a center airbag - since he was under the impression that all side airbags were on the outer sides of the car.

The owners manual does have a diagram of airbag locations, and it does not indicate one in that center position.

The owners manual does have a diagram of airbag locations, and it does not indicate one in that center position.
That's what I noticed as well. Which would seem to indicate that the USA versions don't seem to be equipped with this center airbag. But the Euro NCAP crash test video does suggest that European models are getting this center airbag (based off the presumption that European NCAP crashes representative products of their respective market).

Hopefully, Lucid eventually makes Center Airbags and Heat Pumps available for all markets!

Back