[RESOLVED] charging anomaly

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I set the Lucid Touring charge limit to 96 percent because we were taking a long trip. Now, I can't get it to return to 80 percent. I can change it via the phone app, but not on the Pilot Panel, and the Pilot Panel does not reflect changes made via the phone app. Also, strangely, the clocks in the car (and my cellphone) automatically adjusted to DST, but the scheduled charging indication on the phone app indicates standard time.

While I'm at it, for the second week in a row I had to telephone Electrify America to authenticate, this time at its charging station in Rockford, IL at Sam's Club. Once again, the person at EA could not have been nicer and more helpful, but I am getting frustrated at having to waste ten minutes calling, plugging and unplugging to start charging. The charger advertised "Hyper-fast" up to 350 KW. It charged at 50 KW. What should have been a 20-minute charge took an hour. I don't think it was the Lucid, because a VW at the next charger also was charging at 50 KW (although I don't believe VWs have the fast charge 800v architecture of Lucid Touring). The driver of the VW said that EA always is slower than advertised, although the Rockford charger is slower than others. Even after he pulled away, the charging voltage continued falling. I did pre-condition the Lucid batteries for 20 minutes prior to charging.

I set the Lucid Touring charge limit to 96 percent because we were taking a long trip. Now, I can't get it to return to 80 percent. I can change it via the phone app, but not on the Pilot Panel, and the Pilot Panel does not reflect changes made via the phone app. Also, strangely, the clocks in the car (and my cellphone) automatically adjusted to DST, but the scheduled charging indication on the phone app indicates standard time.
The software is designed as you can not preset your charge limit lower than your current State Of Charge. So you have to dispense some energy below 80% in order to be able to set 80%.

I should have made it clear so that the above answer is not the solution. The state of charge was 30 percent when I tried to lower the setting back to "daily" at 80 percent. Fortunately, the phone app overruled the Pilot Panel and it charged to 80 percent as I intended,

I should have made it clear so that the above answer is not the solution. The state of charge was 30 percent when I tried to lower the setting back to "daily" at 80 percent. Fortunately, the phone app overruled the Pilot Panel and it charged to 80 percent as I intended,
Hi, @Ampere.

I advise contacting Customer Care regarding this if you have not done so already.

Marqie

Back