[RESOLVED] bluetooth connection problem

ultragasman

Cars
lucid touring
Hello, I am a new touring owner. I am having trouble with bluetooth from my phone to the car. I can make phone calls but that's it. I cannot stream anything like pandora, audible, podcasts or anything else from my phone. When I press play on the phone, the stream immediately stops. Does anyone know how to fix this? I called customer service but so far they have not been able to help me, next step is to have a tech come to me.

Hello, I am a new touring owner. I am having trouble with bluetooth from my phone to the car. I can make phone calls but that's it. I cannot stream anything like pandora, audible, podcasts or anything else from my phone. When I press play on the phone, the stream immediately stops. Does anyone know how to fix this? I called customer service but so far they have not been able to help me, next step is to have a tech come to me.

What kind of phone ?

When you did the initial pacing, did you select both phone and media ?

This may sound very basic and I'm certainly not trying to insult anyone's intelligence. But so far I've determined that the only way to get audio from my phone to play correctly through the car stereo is to select the Bluetooth input option instead of title or Sirius XM or something else. Even though you press play on your phone, it won't play through the car stereo unless you have selected Bluetooth as the audio option in the car. This is why I'm not hearing alerts from Waze while I'm listening to music on tidal for example

Last edited:
This may sound very basic and I'm certainly not trying to insult anyone's intelligence. But so far I've determined that the only way to get audio from my phone to play correctly through the car stereo is to select the Bluetooth input option instead of title or Sirius XM or something else. Even though you press play on your phone, it won't play through the car stereo unless you have selected Bluetooth as the audio option in the car. This is why I'm not hearing alerts from Waze while I'm listening to music on title for example
Yes. The phone has no control over the sound system input of the car’s receiver. You need to set Bluetooth as your audio source in the car, for sure. In case that wasn’t obvious.

Yes. The phone has no control over the sound system input of the car’s receiver. You need to set Bluetooth as your audio source in the car, for sure. In case that wasn’t obvious.
In previous vehicles, this wasn't the case for me though. I could be listening to xm or pandora or FM and still get Waze alerts through the car stereo. That's why I mentioned something presumably obvious. If the OP's previous vehicles were like mine, it might not be obvious

In previous vehicles, this wasn't the case for me though. I could be listening to xm or pandora or FM and still get Waze alerts through the car stereo. That's why I mentioned something presumably obvious. If the OP's previous vehicles were like mine, it might not be obvious
I think I do have it set to bluetooth input. I am installing the new update, will check when that finishes. Thanks for the input.

The update seemed to have fixed the issue. Hope that's the end of it.

Back