Reset

Barravecchia

I was driving from san diego to phoenix and wanted to see what happens if i leave my hands off wheel when in dream drive. It shut down and then i could use dream or adaptive cruise control. Is there a reset. Help please

Sorry i couldnt use dream drive or adaptive cruise after it shut down because i left my hands off steering wheel

I don't suppose you make a service call or anything like that?

They take text messages as well.

Reset the car

Just to make sure Im understanding correctly, you intentionally ignored the reminders to watch the road and it eventually just shut down the entire vehicle?

I was actually going to try the same out of curiosity if I kept ignoring the prompts but definitely wont now..

Just to make sure Im understanding correctly, you intentionally ignored the reminders to watch the road and it eventually just shut down the entire vehicle?

I was actually going to try the same out of curiosity if I kept ignoring the prompts but definitely wont now..
You can satisfy your curiosity by reading the owners manual which details what will happen. The car will initiate a in-lane stop, unlock the doors, turn on the emergency flashers assuming that you are disabled and can’t drive.

Pretty safe cautionary measure, unlike this these guys.

You can satisfy your curiosity by reading the owners manual which details what will happen. The car will initiate a in-lane stop, unlock the doors, turn on the emergency flashers assuming that you are disabled and can’t drive.
Oh! That sounds much more reasonable. I interpreted it “shut down” meaning total loss of power, like a motor failure.

Back